Foxsat HDR box

onceonly7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat with sky dish
My Location
Essex
Hi, got a new Foxsat - Sorry to be a bit thick but I am new to all this stuff could anyone throw some light on:

1.0 The Foxsat HDR Box has an LNB1 out socket the manual says " connects another digital satellite receiver". What sort of set up would this be e.g. could you connect a sky HD box to it?
2.0 I have a second TV in the kitchen which has a terrestrial aerial and was connected to my Sky box, providing both Sky and terrestrial. Is there any way I can run the kitchen tv from my Foxsat box, (terrestrial not required)? Or failing that could I use my existing Sky box with some sort of splitters from the dishes (two cables HD) to feed the Foxsat and Sky box?
Trust my questions make sense...I hope so.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
onceonly7 said:
1.0 The Foxsat HDR Box has an LNB1 out socket the manual says " connects another digital satellite receiver". What sort of set up would this be e.g. could you connect a sky HD box to it?

That is for a loopthrough to another stb, the problem with this is that the channels you watch on the 2nd stb will be governed by the polarity of the first stb unless 1st stb is switched to standby

onceonly7 said:
2.0 I have a second TV in the kitchen which has a terrestrial aerial and was connected to my Sky box, providing both Sky and terrestrial. Is there any way I can run the kitchen tv from my Foxsat box, (terrestrial not required)? Or failing that could I use my existing Sky box with some sort of splitters from the dishes (two cables HD) to feed the Foxsat and Sky box?
Trust my questions make sense...I hope so.

I suggest you first check what lnb you have already as it is more than likely that it is a quad output with only two outputs currently cabled, in which case simply run two new cables into the kitchen to the sky+ stb.

Let us know if different

Please note splitters will not work

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The LNB1 out is also used when you only have a single output LNB. You have put a loop between the LNB1 out and LNB2 in order for it work as best it can with just one feed.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PaulR said:
The LNB1 out is also used when you only have a single output LNB. You have put a loop between the LNB1 out and LNB2 in order for it work as best it can with just one feed.

Ah OK thanks for that Paul I thought that was software controlled.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Topper said:
I thought that was software controlled.
I suppose it is. The loop through allows a limited selection of channels that can be watched (same polarity and band) when the HDR is recording another programme.