Help Required Foxsat-HDR External HDD Problem

Roland Hurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HDR 500, SkyBox F3, Acer C720 Chromebook
My Location
Sheffield
I've got an external HDD 320GB formatted in EXT3 plugged into the rear USB port of my Humax Foxsat-HDR 500 to take some of the recordings that have built up on the internal 500GB HDD.

My problem is after watching the Titanic Documentary that was on Channel 5 + 24 on Friday I came to delete it and it said Can not Delete due to File Restrictions. Is there any way to delete files off of an external HDD using the Foxsat-HDR or has this particular recording gotten slightly corrupted somehow?

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Foxsats are very fussy indeed over what devices (and how) you use for Recordings, other than the internal HDD.

File size copying is restricted to 4GB and HD Streaming can only be done by stripping the Encryption flag.

Are use using the Raydon Modified Firmware, as this adds a great deal of flexibility to the HDR?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Why was the recording on the external drive anyway? Was there not enough room on the internal drive and you had to transfer it over as soon as possible?

Roland Hurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
Foxsats are very fussy indeed over what devices (and how) you use for Recordings, other than the internal HDD.
File size copying is restricted to 4GB and HD Streaming can only be done by stripping the Encryption flag.

Are use using the Raydon Modified Firmware, as this adds a great deal of flexibility to the HDR?

Yes I'm running the Raydon Modified Firmware.

The files that I transferred all deleted off of the Internal HDD, but it seems to have only thrown up this error since I transferred the recording that's giving me problems back to the Internal HDD because I forgot to put it into the correct folder the first time that I copied it accross to the external HDD.

Roland

Roland Hurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
Why was the recording on the external drive anyway? Was there not enough room on the internal drive and you had to transfer it over as soon as possible?

Due to moving house there was a build up of recordings that we were unable to get through, so I moved it to the External HDD along with some recordings that was made around Christmas to give a bit of extra space until we're able to make our way through the recordings.

Roland

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I know that feeling of disc bloat all too well. Wish I could run the Raydon firmware myself but I am unable to update the boot loader on my HDR.

Roland Hurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
I know that feeling of disc bloat all too well. Wish I could run the Raydon firmware myself but I am unable to update the boot loader on my HDR.

I'm considering sticking in a 1 or 2TB HDD when I've got the spare time and the money to do it.

Roland

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
From what I've read a 1TB wouldn't be a problem but anything larger has to be set up and partitioned before fitting.

Roland Hurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
From what I've read a 1TB wouldn't be a problem but anything larger has to be set up and partitioned before fitting.

I'll have to fit a 1TB HDD at some point then, and maybe get a 2TB one and an SATA enclosure just for holding movies.

I can't wait to get the remaining 4 Speakers of Surround system setup & watch Avatar again.

Roland