Foxsat HDR versus HDR 1100s

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
Has anybody got any opinions on whether 1 is more sensitive than the other please?
Thanks in advance

A

archive10

I don't have the HDR1100.
But I do have the Foxast HDR, as well as a 1010S.
And in my experience, they're about the same.
They all use Broadcom SoC's, and Broadcom SAT front-ends (tuners/demods), so they're about the same.
I haven't measured them, but they roughly perform the same here in my location.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Has anybody got any opinions on whether 1 is more sensitive than the other please?
Thanks in advance

If your signal is marginal a slightly more sensitive receiver wont help that much. You need more signal collection and that equals a bigger dish.

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
Currently have the Foxsat HDR in Mallorca and it performs well, it's just that my HDR 1100 may soon be redundant in the UK and I was wondering if there would be any benefit in moving it to the sun, just trying to optimise everything. I'll probably take it and try it and find out that way . Maybe in a few months but I'll report back with my conclusions, I was just wondering if anybody had already done it.

A

archive10

Currently have the Foxsat HDR in Mallorca and it performs well, it's just that my HDR 1100 may soon be redundant in the UK and I was wondering if there would be any benefit in moving it to the sun, just trying to optimise everything.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
By all means do try, but if all works it's not gonna get much better :)