Fransat dish realignment

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I don't think there is a way to fix this unfortunately as I can't really have a bigger dish up

But you can, an 80cm looks very much like a 60cm from the ground.

pandarock32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky uk, Fransat (Cgv E-sat HD-W), hispasat 30w (TDT SAT)
My Location
England
Hi everyone
As an update, I have finally got round to getting another installer, and they came round today to look at the hispasat. My dish is apparently 70cm, not 60, and they said it should definitely be enough. They then re-aligned the dish and said they had managed to bump the signal up marginally, but that it will still be weather dependant. I then realised when we looked up the frequencies that all the TDT channels carried on hispasat 1e have a good signal pretty much the whole time apart from in moderate rain, and the channels on 1d are the ones that are normally impossible to view 80% of the time or are pixelated. When the installers (there were two) came all channels worked (of course! :) ) but as soon as a cloud rolled past and wind picked up, the channels on 1d started to pixelate and eventually went, but I can now get the 1e signals reliably. There are more channels on 1e so I'll just watch 1d channels when they are available. Is the 1e transponder stronger than the 1d? That would explain my problem I guess :)