Fransat/French TNTSAT

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
if you see the whole thing and looking for the basic channels Francsat is def the best option

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
Crusty Burke said:
I don't know how flexible the Fransat card is, whether or not it can be used in anything other than a branded Fransat box.

Any idea what happens to the TNTSAT card after 4 years? I'm thinking maybe it's an option to let Canal+ off the hook if they decide not to continue broadcasting the TNT channels for free - do you suppose there is a good chance that the card would continue to retain its validity, even after 4 years?

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
French ebay is offering a "TeKComm TCT1400" TNTSAT receiver for 105 euros including the via card, does anyone out there have experience with this machine??

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
Hi ,

Will I be able to use the TNT SAT card in an Echostar 808 (viacess 1.1) pointing at 19.1 degrees?

If the above is not possible could I use a Matrix Reloaded CAM with the TNT SAT card in the Echostar?

icon11.gif
icon11.gif

Fuzzy Duck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax TN5000HD
36v motorised dish
Technomate V-box
TNTSat viewing card
My Location
Bristol, UK
Has anyone tried the "TV d‘Orange associant ADSL et satellite" as a way to get the French TNT channels in the UK?

_http://assistance.orange.fr/2016.php?dub=1

This seems to be offered for free with an Orange broadband account in France, you get an Orange access card and pay 49€ deposit for the decoder. There is no mention of it being time limited to 4 years like the TNTSAT offering, and I am a bit reluctant to pay 93€ a year for a BIS TV card for channels which I won't watch that often and many of which are free when you are in France.

I have a relative in France who already has Orange broadband and I wondered whether I could simply get them to sign up to the TV offering and use the Orange access card with my Echostar AD3000IP, motorised dish and T-Rex cam/Predator 3.69? I also have a red Viaccess cam but I don't know whether this is any use.

If the Echostar did not work then presumably the Orange decoder should work in the UK? It seems that you have to connect it to the Livebox, would they be able to tell that it was not being used on the same line as the subscription in France?

Any advice would be much appreciated before I investigate this option any further.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
On a pre-Christmas shopping trip in France, I noticed the French DIY chain Leroy Merlin was selling the Metronic TNTSAT receiver packaged with a 'squarial' flat(ish) 48cm antenna for €120 (_http://www.metronic.com/index2.php?p=produits&lang=FR&idcat=2&idsscat=22&page=11). Never one to miss what looks a bargain, I invested my cash, more because I wanted the TNTSAT card. Hopefully I can recover a chunk of my investment by selling the antenna. By the way, the card IS in the box and no administrative formalities are required: you don't have to give a French address in the shop and you don't have to telephone somewhere to activate the card.

Anyway, I put the virgin card into my Dreambox, running CCcam_2.1.3 and tuned into TF1 at 12731V on Astra 19°E, and lo and behold the card authorised itself and started decoding the TNTSAT bouquet. Checking with CCcam Info, I see the card shows it is valid until exactly four years from the date that it first went in the Dreambox. Let's see how long it runs for without ever having been in the official TNTSAT receiver.

tmiddlemiss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 430
Thompson 2000
Sagem ISD91 HD
Amstrad Sky+HD
My Location
Oxford and Normandy
Fuzzy Duck said:
Has anyone tried the "TV d‘Orange associant ADSL et satellite" as a way to get the French TNT channels in the UK?

_http://assistance.orange.fr/2016.php?dub=1

This seems to be offered for free with an Orange broadband account in France, you get an Orange access card and pay 49€ deposit for the decoder. There is no mention of it being time limited to 4 years like the TNTSAT offering, and I am a bit reluctant to pay 93€ a year for a BIS TV card for channels which I won't watch that often and many of which are free when you are in France.

I have a relative in France who already has Orange broadband and I wondered whether I could simply get them to sign up to the TV offering and use the Orange access card with my Echostar AD3000IP, motorised dish and T-Rex cam/Predator 3.69? I also have a red Viaccess cam but I don't know whether this is any use.

If the Echostar did not work then presumably the Orange decoder should work in the UK? It seems that you have to connect it to the Livebox, would they be able to tell that it was not being used on the same line as the subscription in France?

Any advice would be much appreciated before I investigate this option any further.

I don't know if this query has been answered, but my understanding is that it is not possible to receive Orange Broadband TV (from France) using a UK IP address. Just as it is not possible to receive BBC i-player in France for the same reason (apart from some radio channels). However, there may be some techies reading this who have found a work around?

Prodigy81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Visiosat Bisat
Astra 19.2 (Central Focus), Astra 28.2 + Hotbird 13 satellites using Hauppauge NOVA HD-S2, Fortec Star Passion & Mvision HD-300 Combo receivers
My Location
UK, West Midlands
The only way realistically to get round the IP limitation would be some form of VPN service.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Anyway, I put the virgin card into my Dreambox, running CCcam_2.1.3 and tuned into TF1 at 12731V on Astra 19°E, and lo and behold the card authorised itself and started decoding the TNTSAT bouquet. Checking with CCcam Info, I see the card shows it is valid until exactly four years from the date that it first went in the Dreambox. Let's see how long it runs for without ever having been in the official TNTSAT receiver.

I hope your right as i have a card winging its way from France at this very moment in time :D

:-beer

Nano

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nanochickin said:
I hope your right as i have a card winging its way from France at this very moment in time :D
Nano

Nearly four months later and the card is still working in a Dreambox. Still I've kept the TNTSAT receiver just in case of problems.:).

How much did you pay for a card by itself? I've seen them going on Fleabay for up €60 euros, so it's almost worth buying the receiver+card package.

nidal

Reaction score
Website
www.firstsat.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
All money can buy, from Abba to Zappa
My Location
London UK
Totalsat comparison table of TNTSAT vs FRANSAT

[Moderation] Removed live link to another forum.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
easysat said:
Nearly four months later and the card is still working in a Dreambox. Still I've kept the TNTSAT receiver just in case of problems.:).

As of today, I notice the card is no longer working. I will leave it in the Dreambox with the box tuned to a channel in the TNTsat package to see if it updates the rights. If that doesn't work, I guess I will need to put it in the official receiver to to get the update.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
use Hypercam 2.02 with respective config files you will get it back

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
pipino said:
use Hypercam 2.02 with respective config files you will get it back
Thanks for the tip. Yes, it seems Canal made a change recently that stops the card working with ccam. I've found Hypercam 2.04, so I will try this.

A

Anonymous-A

easysat said:
Thanks for the tip. Yes, it seems Canal made a change recently that stops the card working with ccam. I've found Hypercam 2.04, so I will try this.

I tried to run Hypercam from command line in my DM800 and nothing happened.

Surely a new version of CCcam is in the works?

jmnil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm Pointing to Viasat (Viasat LT card) |
Wavefrontier T90 with 7 LNB |
VU+ Duo with VTI 1.0 |
DM600 PVR with Gemini 4.6
My Location
Brussel
Crusty Burke said:

From the french forum it seems that its works for most of the dreambox however some still have problem like your DM800 and my DM600.
I have redone several time installation without getting any result.
Fortunately the oscam has recently being updated and it works with TNTSAT.
I simply installed it from the blus panel in combinaison with cccam.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Crusty Burke said:

Surely a new version of CCcam is in the works?

With a DM7000S, the easy way is to use a Gemini image and just download the Hypercam using the software update options.

Fuzzy Duck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax TN5000HD
36v motorised dish
Technomate V-box
TNTSat viewing card
My Location
Bristol, UK
Having decided to take the simpler option and buy an Aston Simba HD (Fransat version) to use with my motorised dish, I discovered that Humax had recently released a TNTSat box, the TN5000HD. I had been a bit nervous about buying the Aston because I had read in a couple of French forums about software problems, freezing, etc so I took the plunge and went for the Humax instead, even though I had not been able to find many reviews on it.

VERY pleased with it, it is certainly not the cheapest way to get French TV in the UK (I paid 219€, plus you will need a separate hard disk drive to record or pause live TV) but you can use it as your main box to receive channels from other satellites. It only has a card slot, not a CAM slot, but it works very well and has an Ethernet port which hopefully will come in useful one day. You are supposed to be able to use this to watch YouTube, but this is the only bit which I have not got to work yet, maybe it is configured to block non-French IP addresses.

I don't have an HD telly but the picture quality on HD and SD channels seems excellent.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I have my TNTSat card working fine in a DM7020s running a combination of OSCAM and CCCam. Works fine :D

On a lighter note CSAT/BIS was open on Gold cards and Fun cards last month on 13e, 19.2e & 5w, don't know if thats still the case though.

I found the files over at Sat4fun :D

Nano

A

Anonymous-A

Hypercam 2.06 will give you the TNTSAT SD channels without the need to edit any configuration files but the HD channels are still dark. Since the 7020 is SD only you will get all available TNTSAT channels but of course no HD.