Free PPV

Status
Not open for further replies.

123glaidator

Reaction score
i am new so new that i don't know how to open a new thread.
anyway i need help

i am just about to order a thing on ebay that offers free sky box office, the guy has a good rating and people are saying it works. so what do you guys think it is only £1.50 all i got is a sky dig box with a card that is run out so i hope it is just a case of entering codes

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
123glaidator said:
i am new so new that i don't know how to open a new thread.
anyway i need help

i am just about to order a thing on ebay that offers free sky box office, the guy has a good rating and people are saying it works. so what do you guys think it is only £1.50 all i got is a sky dig box with a card that is run out so i hope it is just a case of entering codes

Don't do it , It,s a CON. More then likely just a phone jack and battery. May not work if your sub has run out.

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi Rolf, How you keeping?

yeh but, the guy on ebay says its done with just the remote control, so its not the 9volt battery trick?

hmm I wonder.

John.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i had a look at that..and you know what they say,if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isnt.them reviews must have been about something else or they are from people that were previously ripped off and too ashamed to admit it.

TWAG

radioscanner

Reaction score

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have never had your box connected to a phoneline and or, have never subscribed, then it doesn't work. It also only works in the short term and means that the box will reach its credit limit and will not accept any more PPV orders.

It isn't a hack, simply a delaying tactic.

radioscanner

Reaction score
You would think if it was true and so easy then the details would already be on the net? ... I couldnt find a sausage on google.

so whos gonna buy one and post the details here for the world 2 see?

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
so these people are gonna be surprised when they get their sky bills then!! serves them right.

TWAG

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
like i said and what you just said...if it were true it would have made the rounds in the various forums and on the net

TWAG

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well if they follow the instruction, they won't get a bill, just no longer able to watch PPV after so many films, but if they then remove the single digit they have inserted in one of the menus and the box phones home. Bingo, £50 bill. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have merged these two threads, i know it makes the thread a little disjointed, but didn't want two threads on an identical subject.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
ahh thanks for the insight.just an old scam making new rounds.not living in england i dont hear too much of stuff like this.

TWAG

radioscanner

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If you have never had your box connected to a phoneline and or, have never subscribed, then it doesn't work. It also only works in the short term and means that the box will reach its credit limit and will not accept any more PPV orders.

It isn't a hack, simply a delaying tactic.

Rolf do you know exactly how it works?

I guess you just change the ppv telephone number to an unknown number? then the box gets no answer so lets you see the movie.? hmmm, similar to the 9V battery trick. I beleive it lets you have 50 quids worth, then next time you let the box connect you get billed?

but If you dont connect the box to the phone you dont get billed!

Am I right?

John.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
all fine and dandy till the time comes when you legitimally want to watch something then its 50 quid first.too much hassle for me,but always good to be informed of things like that though.

TWAG

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can't change the dial out number, but you are not far wrong. The reason I never disclose these sort of scams on the forum, is that there are often youngsters reading who may try it with their parents' box and long term cost them money.

I do stress though that it only works on subscription cards which have been connected to the phone before.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i think some of these happy customers on e-bay are gonna be very disappointed when their 50 quid runs out and they forget that they cant use the phone.

jdlee

Reaction score
so i choose the box office event i want to watch and where do i change the dialling no and how
twag42 said:
i think some of these happy customers on e-bay are gonna be very disappointed when their 50 quid runs out and they forget that they cant use the phone.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Status
Not open for further replies.