Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Card came through my post today, offering Free Satellite Viewing!! At last, NO SUBS to pay, Act now call for a free info pack....

Linking to a company located in France @ http://www.freetvrus.com

Looks like a very well organised scam to me!

Anyone else know of this outfit :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Its the Stealthcard crew again Zansi, just a change of name and web server. Be very interested to know what mailing list they are working from, a couple of guys on other forums have received them as well.

Apparently the guy is actually UK based and just bounces mail off the French address.

Just looked at the map and the address is not far down the coast from St Malo, so he probably gets the ferry accross once a week and picks up hi mail, its a shame I'm not going near that area at Christmas, I'd like to take a picture of the real building at that address. :)

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
I would have thought Toys R Us would also like to have a word with them about the website address.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've E-mailed the Chamber of trade in that area to see if i can get an idea of what is really at that address, may or may not produce any results.

If anyone on the forum knows someone in that area, it would be great to get some info.

They should have a little banner on the bottom of the site reading "As seen on Watchdog"

PS. To anyone thinking of taking the chance and ordering one of these cards.......Don't, you'll be very disappointed.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
The French phone directory lists a couple of subscribers at the address on the website including somebody called "Setti Limited". However don't forget that the French phone directory doesn't distinguish between different flats at the same street number so there is probably no connection with the scammers if this is a block of flats.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently one of the members on Digital forums has been to the address and it is semi derelict, its probably only used as an accommodation address.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
A year or so ago i seen the picture of that building (offices) for the same scam, and some wise person who had been to the
USA had photographed these offices (i think its in denver) and after that this Maggot crawled back under his rock, the recent earthquakes must have woke him up.
If any1 want to get sky didge & ppvs (send your money to me)
£50.
I`ll thank you all and send u a subscription form for SKY, Or if you still feel STUPID send me £200 and i`ll subscribe you up to a months trial package,( and for no extra charge) i will scrape the sky logo off the card so you`ll get a nice white card. DAVE

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi dave, do you accept credit cards or should I send cash :D I'd prefer a white card please.
Methos.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Originally posted by methos_de
Hi dave, do you accept credit cards or should I send cash :D I'd prefer a white card please.
Methos.
No BANK DRAFT ONLY methinks ive heard this b4.