Free View Digital box`s in the UK.

stefmeister

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham,W.Mids UK
Have not been here for a while got pretty disharted at not being able to get anything with my Analogue equipment where I am :(

For those of you who dont know I live in a tower block my balcony faces West and is very awkward to line up the dish due to it being to big and hence cant exatcly have it over the edge :(

Anyhow I heard of free veiw digital TV through a aerial.Is there anything I should look out for?

Do I need a special aerial?
Do some boxed pick up more than others?

According to the guy in the Sky store near here I live very close to a transmitter and it should work fine.

I whould like a second hand box.!HINT! :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are close to a transmitter, then any of the boxes should work, you may need to use a portable aerial though, as some communal systems are channelised and will not as yet send the digital signals around the system.

If you can pick up an old OnDigital box from the freeads, this will suffice.

war head

Reaction score
Argos etc do a bottom of the range Freeview box for 50 quid

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Second hand On/ITV digital boxes are (for some reason) very much in demand in the past 48 hours. All eBay pricing has gone through the roof

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
the old On/ITV boxes will work the new pay channels but the newer freeview boxes won't

war head

Reaction score
perhaps the introduction of the new pay channels will mean a price crash in Freeview boxes? (those without the conditional access facility for Top-Up TV) hope so, ha ha ha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doubt it, it will just muddy the waters for a while.