Freecam

W

Wessex

Hello all I`m new to all this, and was wondering if someone can enlighten me, I have Humax 5300 with a built in Via + a V1.5 aston cam, but what is an allcam? I know it takes all cards but is this, a cam or software for original cam, is my system compatible oh have motorised system. Many Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Allcam and Freecam are both software upgrades for the Irdeto CAM, there are versions for the Humax 5400 and 5400Z which have integrated Irdeto CAMs and also for certain versions of the non-integrated Irdeto CAM.

These are normally used with specially written card files (see many posts in the Irdeto forum)

Rolf

W

Wessex

Many thanks Rolfw, so if I purchased an Irdeto cam can this be programed for my receiver or do I need to upgrade to a 5400

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately its not as easy as that, its only the older Irdeto CAMs that can be flashed to Freecam and they are very hard to get hold of and quite expensive.

Have a look at the posts on the Magic Module in the CAMs and Decoders section, this may be a better alternative. But be warned, there are less and less channels available as the encryption modes are updated and as of yet unhacked.

Rolf