Not open for further replies.

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S, Motorised 80cm Dish
My Location
uk
Hi guys,

I've had a dreambox setup this morning by somebody, I have Sky Italia, Canal+ etc, but don't have any of the freeview channels, could somebody talk me through how to add these channels? (presume I have to add a satellite)

Cheers

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
By freeview I mean BBC1,2,ITV,CHANEL4,CHANEL 5,ITV2 etc..!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You want the Astra 2 / Eurobird 1 cluster at 28E

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Analoguesat said:
You want the Astra 2 / Eurobird 1 cluster at 28E

Thanks for the info mate.

Any chance you could talk me through actually adding it through the menus? Or any guides I can read? Just don't wanna break it...

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
I've now added the Astra2/Eurobird1 @ 28.2E and done transponder scan, it's picked up 100+ channels but nothing like BBC/ITV or any UK channels?

Any help appreciated!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I do not have a dreambox but I assume you first drove the dish to point at 28.2 before scanning, otherwise you will just be scanning at whatever satellite the dish is currently pointing at. Apart from that you will have to wait for a dreambox owner if you want step by step instructions

Eek!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Berkshire
ng87 said:
I've now added the Astra2/Eurobird1 @ 28.2E and done transponder scan, it's picked up 100+ channels but nothing like BBC/ITV or any UK channels?

Any help appreciated!!

Hi,

First tip... If you're not a patient man, and not ready for lots and lots of reading, put it back in the box and send it back!

Useful stuff...

kingofsat.org
This site is excellent for advice
satpimps is good for tools and images
I use Nabilo Blackhole 0.12, Dreambox Edit, Dreambox Control Centre (DCC)
You can download "settings" like likra or vhannibal that have all the bouquets, satellites and transponders done for you. I started with one to get me up and running and slowly rewrote them all.

If you're pointing at 28.2E/28.5E, you should be getting 700+ channels.
Freeview, Freesat, FreeSat From Sky, Free To View and Free To Air are not the same thing (ARRRGGGHHHH!) :p

Hard work but I love my box. Have fun with it.

Cheers

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Eek! said:
Hi,

First tip... If you're not a patient man, and not ready for lots and lots of reading, put it back in the box and send it back!

Useful stuff...

kingofsat.org
This site is excellent for advice
satpimps is good for tools and images
I use Nabilo Blackhole 0.12, Dreambox Edit, Dreambox Control Centre (DCC)
You can download "settings" like likra or vhannibal that have all the bouquets, satellites and transponders done for you. I started with one to get me up and running and slowly rewrote them all.

If you're pointing at 28.2E/28.5E, you should be getting 700+ channels.
Freeview, Freesat, FreeSat From Sky, Free To View and Free To Air are not the same thing (ARRRGGGHHHH!) :p

Hard work but I love my box. Have fun with it.

Cheers

Cheers for the post mate.

I've already paid for a year upfront so don't want to go loading images as I guess it will screw that up.

Can I download the 'setting' packages to write new bouqeuts etc without it screwing up what I've already paid for?

This is what I've done so far:

Menu > Setup (6) > Service Searching > Motor Setup, next page > Chose Eurobird1/Astra2 and stored.

Went to Automatic Transponder scan and chose the Eurobird1/Astra2/2B/2D (28.2E) it has locked and sync ticked, then I scan and get around 140 channels (no UK)

I also can't find the 28.5E Satellite on my system?

Cheers

xavk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes:
Triax110 fixed to 5,9,13,16,19. Sky mini dish with Octo LNB. Triax88 on TM2200 rotor with quad LNB
Receivers:
Dm800 (5,9,13,16,19,28+rotor), TM500, TM600, DM500 (all 13,19,28+rotor)
My Location
East London
You wont find any help working around pay servers around here (very dirty words!!).

Don't worry about not finding 28.5, but if you are only picking up 140 channels on 28.2, there is some sort of issue. My first guess would be dish alignment - are you using USALS or manually tuning each sat? Also, make sure you arent selecting any silly options like "Free Only" when starting the scan.

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
xavk said:
You wont find any help working around pay servers around here (very dirty words!!).

Don't worry about not finding 28.5, but if you are only picking up 140 channels on 28.2, there is some sort of issue. My first guess would be dish alignment - are you using USALS or manually tuning each sat? Also, make sure you arent selecting any silly options like "Free Only" when starting the scan.

Hi xak,

What is USALS?

Don't see the difference in paying for a service/card sharing as you're paying somewhere along the line?

Must be dish alignment, although it gets 0.8,16,23 spot on.. unless I'm doing something wrong

Cheers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ng87 said:
Hi xak,

What is USALS?

Don't see the difference in paying for a service/card sharing as you're paying somewhere along the line?

Must be dish alignment, although it gets 0.8,16,23 spot on.. unless I'm doing something wrong

Cheers

The point is that buying a legitimate subscription is not illegal whereas paying some criminal to join a payserver is completely illegal the fact that you are paying your hard earned money out doesn't make it legal

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Topper said:
The point is that buying a legitimate subscription is not illegal whereas paying some criminal to join a payserver is completely illegal the fact that you are paying your hard earned money out doesn't make it legal

Surely buying a legitimate service and sharing it (which is illegal) would make that person a 'criminal' also though?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ng87 said:
Surely buying a legitimate service and sharing it (which is illegal) would make that person a 'criminal' also though?

Yes it would make you both guilty if caught , if however it is a 'friend' of yours you are unlikely to be caught but if you belong to a payserver you may end up being caught as they are being monitored and targetted to eliminate the practice

ng87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Topper said:
Yes it would make you both guilty if caught , if however it is a 'friend' of yours you are unlikely to be caught but if you belong to a payserver you may end up being caught as they are being monitored and targetted to eliminate the practice

Ok thanks for the heads up.

xavk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes:
Triax110 fixed to 5,9,13,16,19. Sky mini dish with Octo LNB. Triax88 on TM2200 rotor with quad LNB
Receivers:
Dm800 (5,9,13,16,19,28+rotor), TM500, TM600, DM500 (all 13,19,28+rotor)
My Location
East London
ng87 said:
What is USALS?

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Satellites_Automatic_Location_System

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ng87 said:
Cheers for the post mate.

I've already paid for a year upfront so don't want to go loading images as I guess it will screw that up.

Can I download the 'setting' packages to write new bouqeuts etc without it screwing up what I've already paid for?

Paying a year upfront is exceedingly foolish - these pay servers come and go all the time, and if this one does a flit you wont get any sympathy whatsoever here.

Diascussion of anything whatsoever to do with receivers and pay servers is completely forbidden on this forum, so we cant help you with this any further. All the info you need to set a new satellite up on your receiver is available right here on the forum so get reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.