Freesat fta

ea7fsf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have Sky Digital & Freesat, the latter beiunbg one week old!
My Location
Southern Spain
Help! I am an old chap livng in southern spain. I have never use a forum before! So sorry if i get it wrong! I have fitted up my own satellite system here for sky & can get the weaker 'here' channels,channel four & fox nerws so i think i hve my dish correct! I have juist obtained a humax foxsat-hd foir freesat. I managed to get ti working without reading any of ther instructions! Now i am reading the instructions i have a problem!!! I have managed to tune in sky news manually but i cannot find how to swop between freesat & manually tuned channels. Surely this must be easy & its just me at fault. No problem with a sky digibox & 'other channels'!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum ea7fsf

Well I do remember some problems with the firmware on some of the foxsatHD boxes, but at the moment cannot find the thread, try searching the forum for foxsat, I do remember something concerning not being able to save other channels however I think a firmware upgrade solved it but from where you are this may not be possible Over The Air OTA if you are unable to receive the default transponder

ea7fsf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Spain
Wow it worked! I managed to send a message ok! I HAVE tuned in Sky News quite ok. My problem ius how do I switch between the Freesat Channels, BBC, ITV etc and the ONE other Channel I have so far, Sky News! Note u r in Siberia! Here is is far too hot & no rain since May. September should be better! Thanks for replying!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would have thought the easieist way would be to put required channels in a favourites list but unfortunately I have do not have any of the equipment you have thus may be being too simplistic but I am sure someone will help if they have knowledge of this stb.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
I can remember reading something re freesat boxes. i think the non freesat stuff is from channel 5000 upwards There is a menu "Use Non Freesat Mode" that needs to be active .

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The menu command to switch from Freesat to non- freesat (where you will have added an extra channel) is here on a Humax:

Attachments

• IMG_0820.png
    IMG_0820.png
    98 KB · Views: 35

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just a small point, you say you had Sky running and could get the weaker channels like Four and Fox, but you did not mention the BBC and ITV channels, can you receive those on the Sky digibox?

Whereabouts in Southern Spain are you and what sized dish do you have?

ea7fsf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Spain
Thankyu for all the replies. My first experience of any forum! At the same time as joining this forum I wrote to freesat & to my apzement I had a reply in 2 hours. The answer to MY problem was:-To change between Freesat & non Freesat modes acess the MENU>SETTINGS.and change the STB Mode option between freesat & non-freesat depending on which you wish to view! To give you a smile I had to look up STB on Google! It stands for Scottish Tourist Board! RolfW I am using a 1.2mt dish near Malaga & yes I get BBC & ITV perfectly. Chan 4 & now 5 on the North Beam are the difficult ones here & the LNB skew needs to be very prescise! I f I move it 3 or 4 mm I loose the sig! I am using Pace 2600 & the old Panasonic! Topper I have not yet tried to make a Favourites list. Maybe this would only select Freesat Channels!