Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
The BBC and ITV bring you freesat, a brand new digital satellite TV service offering free HD TV programming at no extra cost. freesat has no monthly subscription, just a one-off payment for the digital box, satellite dish and installation - so you pay once, and watch forever. And because freesat is broadcast via satellite, it'll be available to almost every household in the UK from today.
Check out the official website: www.freesat.co.uk

Snowteck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 m prime focus dish with a simple lnb from lidl and a Pace DS430N with Sky viewing card
My Location
Drammen, Norway
Will you be able to receive Freesat in Copenhagen? - I ask because I am just up the road in Norway! I currently receive Sky on a 1 m dish with a Pace DS430N receiver. We don't get BBC or ITV, just Ch 4 & 5 and a lot of the Sky stuff

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you can't get BBC and ITV now, then you won't with Freesat, in fact you may get slightly less than you did before, as some channels will permanently move over to 2D, which are at present on a receivable beam.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Small article about Freesat on BBC News/BBC 1 (in a couple of minutes)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I just saw one of the headlines on BBC1 and that is the first time I've ever seen anything mentioned in the media of Freesat, which does make me wonder whether or not it's going to be a success or failure... :confused

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Strangely, the item at one point seemed rather negative, along the lines of "do we really need another way of carrying the channels?"

It wasn't to my mind the best way of promoting the new service.

Llew

T

thedavid

Expat said:
The BBC and ITV bring you freesat, a brand new digital satellite TV service offering free HD TV programming at no extra cost. freesat has no monthly subscription, just a one-off payment for the digital box, satellite dish and installation - so you pay once, and watch forever. And because freesat is broadcast via satellite, it'll be available to almost every household in the UK from today.
Check out the official website: www.freesat.co.uk

Which satellite is freesat on?

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex

mr_chaela

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+, 1m Gilbertini, Stab HH120, O.2 Smart LNB
My Location
UK
When people say 28E they are talking about 28.2E

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
I notice that E4 and More 4 are now available on Sky Freesat. Previously you had to subscribe to receive these channels.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is on the Astra 28.2/28.5 East slot, sometimes called 28 East for simplicity.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
rolfw said:
If you can't get BBC and ITV now, then you won't with Freesat, in fact you may get slightly less than you did before, as some channels will permanently move over to 2D, which are at present on a receivable beam.

would like to stagger a guess of when ch4 leaves 12168v 2ANorth if it does at all :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
satelliteman said:
would like to stagger a guess of when ch4 leaves 12168v 2ANorth if it does at all :D

When the encryption contracts with Sky run out - probably late summer/early autumn :D