Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
If you’ve easy access to the dish try aligning it to either 13e or 19e and see if you’re experiencing the same behaviour with those channels after a retune.

Sounds like you’ve ruled out hardware issues like receiver, cable and LNB and assuming all F connectors are correctly attached and the dish and feed arm hasn’t suffered damage, possibly from maintenance work carried out by a contractor employed by yourself or a neighbour. Typical damage would be a glancing blow from a contractor moving a ladder.

Elle32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish
My Location
Yorkshire
Freest signal has been degrading for weeks, with channels falling off the system. Today, 28/09/23, many channels have NO signal at all! However, a few, like ch4 are working as usual with 100% signal strength/quality. So, what is going on? Is freest no longer available? Are we being forced to pay for extortionate sat tv? There is NO information anywhere on the net? Complete farce! There is very little worth watching these days anyway, so will probably just stop watching altogether. Certainly NOT worth paying for!
I completely agree! When they decide to cut us all off then what do we do. My home only has a sky dish so what are our options surely SKY/Free Sat owes us some sort of a replacement that provides the same service after having a sky dish installed on the property if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
I completely agree! When they decide to cut us all off then what do we do. My home only has a sky dish so what are our options surely SKY/Free Sat owes us some sort of a replacement that provides the same service after having a sky dish installed on the property if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it
Why would sky/freesat owe you anything?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The satellite signals are working perfectly normally. Therefore the problem is with your installation - the most likely problems in no particular order are:

marginally misaligned dish
failing lnb
a chafe or split or nail in the cable from the lnb to the receiver which has allowed rainwater in
failing capacitors in the power supply section of the receiver
obstruction in the lnb - could be anything from a spiders web to it being full of rain from a cracked cover to plants growing over the dish.

Ive had all of these over the years & they all lead to loss of channels :-rofl2