Freesat setup help

cfrasca90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + Box
My Location
Verwood,Dorset
Hi i just recently bought the LG 32LF7700 LCD wich has built in freesat when i plugged my satillite cable into the satillite socket on the tv and then scanned for the freesat channels it displays a messaged satillite signal not found any help here.. ]

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum cfrasca90

Ok well really there is not sufficient information given. Is the cable you have plugged in a known working dish/lnb/cable combination? If so were you receiving sky channels through these together with a sky stb prior to testing out the TV?

Is the F connector secure on the cable with no shorts between the outer braid?

cfrasca90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + Box
My Location
Verwood,Dorset
Hi i have my main sky box downstairs and i recieve sky upstairs in my bedroom via the red eye but when i disconected the sky anterna cable from the eye and plugged into the satillite socket on the tv it displays not satillite signal found.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
so this is not the main feed from the lnb then, this is a feed from the output of the skybox downstairs which is why your TV doesn't understand the signals as they are already converted to UHF signals. You need a clean feed from the lnb to the freesat F connector on the TV freesat tuner, so you require a twin or quad lnb fitting and a new cable.

cfrasca90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + Box
My Location
Verwood,Dorset
oh right thanks, i did think i might need to buy a twin lnb thanks for you help... :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
cfrasca90 said:
oh right thanks, i did think i might need to buy a twin lnb thanks for you help... :)

If it's a minidish you need a 'quad LNb' as they don't do a twin for these anymore.

Unscrew the feed, remove the old and bung on the new. Check the skew (rotation of the LNb in it's holder) is set to No.3 indicated on the side collar. Connect up both cables, pull down the F connector housing.....complete :)