Freesat

Dcaunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
currently on sky digi box using a freesat card, want to go to Foxstat HDR, majic eye connection issues
My Location
Yorkshire
Currently on sky digi box, on a freesat card using a majic eye to a bedroom tv. Going to get a Foxstat HDR? will I be able to connect the second satalite cable feed connection to the bedroom?

Will the majic eye work? Ta

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The magic eye ony works with Sky boxes.

Not clear why you need it anyway, as you are asking can you connect the second satellite feed to your bedroom?

Yes you can, and then connect your Sky box to it, whats the magic eye for?

Dcaunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
currently on sky digi box using a freesat card, want to go to Foxstat HDR, majic eye connection issues
My Location
Yorkshire
Thanks

What I was trying to explain was that I have a Digibox in my room, from this I have a connection leading to my bedroom to a second TV. I use a Majic eye to use a remote control to switch channels.

I want to be able to record freesat in my room as the main box and be able to connect up my line out to the bedroom from the main digibox and use the majic eye?

I have looked at a Sky+box to replace my living room old digibox? with the hope that it will enable me to retain the line out to my bedroom?

The freesat HDR box was something i was also looking at as an alternative, but i now recognise that this will not allow me to retain mt line out to the bedroom and work with the majic eye, thanks.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, that is correct, the HDR won't work with the magic eye, you'd some other sort of remote extender. But since you would have only free channels, you could just run a proper sat feed to the other room instead and put an old sky box or other receiver in there.