Fringe reception - best to avoid Quattro/multiswitch?

Nearly, but not quite. Only put the dish up last week, need to spend some time fine aligning everything to make sure I can get 23.5 channels I want before I invest in the switch.

The EMP will work with a quad you realise (the profiline ones) as well as a quattro as it supports the tone.
 
OldBen,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Are you saying that I can use my C120 Invacom quad with the EMP and get 8 outputs without significant loss of signal, I was not aware of this? Have you found a UK supplier for the EMP Profi range, I have found 3 or 4 suppliers with a price of around £135 for an EMP Profi "5 in - 8 out" unit?



Regards
moonbase
 
Hi Moonbase,

The profiline support 22Khz tone and can work with a quad, so to my understanding if you have a C120 quad, it can work with that and you don't need a quattro, that's my understanding. Have a read of the spec on their site _http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=11&id=17 which says "support for Quad LNB" I am planning on buying from _hmsat.de as none of the site sponsors carry them as far as I could work out.

The economy line doesn't, so watch out for that.
 
Interesting stuff for an old timer like me.So do I understand that for LNB'S operating at ambient Temperatures the lower limit of the noise threshold has been reached? And that a cryogenically cooled lnb would only enable at best a 3db improvement in the threshold.I imagine then, by reason of cost and practical difficulties, that only for Space communications is the 3db is worth having ! Or are there techniques which, albeit at present very expensive, could reduce the noise threshold at ambient temperatures further?
T1154
 
Back
Top