TvHeadend 4.1-1355
TBS6904 (Quad DVB-S/S2)
Dish: TD110, Inverto black ultra quattro
TBS6205 (Quad DVB-T/T2)
Ant: UHF 100 El Triax, dir N
Client: Kodi v14.2 etc
My Location
Sweden
Being on vacation in London this week it's nice to have access to my TV server in Sweden serving Swedish and British (Freesat) channels. But the broadband at the Hotel is crap. Rather good speed, 1-2 Mbit/s !? but a lot of interruptions all the time. Even listen to "low-speed" radio channels from Sweden is difficult. Tvheadend can do some transcoding so if I compress an SD channel with some 2-4 Mbit/s on MPEG2 to H264 with some 0.5-1 Mbit/s, it's ok to watch on a laptop. Well, I don't have so much time to watch TV but my feets needs some rest and it's fun to do some testing...

A

archive10

Sooo, you're fringe receiving Astra 2 in Sweden, then re-casting this to London via the Internet...
Seems like squarely in the "because you can" bracket of set-ups, for lack of other good reasons... :cool:
Have you considered looking at the hotel tv channels? They may even have BBC, ITV etc... ;)

(I know, you want the Swedish channels too, but that's besides the point, when in London.)

bema

Reaction score
Website
www.sm6muy.se
My Satellite Setup
TV server: Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
TvHeadend 4.1-1355
TBS6904 (Quad DVB-S/S2)
Dish: TD110, Inverto black ultra quattro
TBS6205 (Quad DVB-T/T2)
Ant: UHF 100 El Triax, dir N
Client: Kodi v14.2 etc
My Location
Sweden
Sooo, you're fringe receiving Astra 2 in Sweden, then re-casting this to London via the Internet...
Seems like squarely in the "because you can" bracket of set-ups, for lack of other good reasons... :cool:
Have you considered looking at the hotel tv channels? They may even have BBC, ITV etc... ;)

(I know, you want the Swedish channels too, but that's besides the point, when in London.)

Yes, the Hotel has 45 channels, but no Swedish ones, I guess.. I have not even bothered turning it on...:)