From which satellite, MTV UK was broadcasting in early 90s ?``

BombedOne

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I was checking my old archive records, and I have a lot of recordings from that channel. It was re-broadcast by local broadcaster. Curious, from which sat it came then?
 
If it was in the 90's, then Astra 19.2E, as far as I know... :confused:
 
Thanks everyone :)

any footprints of 1B then?
 
BombedOne said:
I was checking my old archive records, and I have a lot of recordings from that channel. It was re-broadcast by local broadcaster. Curious, from which sat it came then?

11421 H Astra 1 C , stop broadcasting at 11/9/2005

-http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/astrachannels.html

 
ISTR MTV Germany moved round the satellites a fair bit in later years. It was on 1E for a while, and didnt close until last year when the digital version went scrambled. At that point, it was on 1M having been on 1KR for a while!
 
Analoguesat said:
Looks like it was Astra 1B according to my website.

It started out on Astra 1A transponder 15.
 
It was received in west Georgia on 1.5 meter primefocus dish. So it should be quite strong. This is why I'd like to see the coverage map.
 
Analoguesat's website has a few of the old footprints but they are always quite pessimistic:

_http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/footprints/1afootprints.html
_http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/footprints/astra1bfootprints.html
 
MTV UK only became a distinct channel in 2004, prior to that it was MTV UK and Ireland. If the recordings are from the early 90's then it.they are most likely to be broadcasts of MTV Europe.
 
Well, almost all ads and shows were in English, I have only once spotted an German ad (MAXI CD), and Polish (Pochta Bank). Also, it had only one hit list, and it was called HIT LIST UK. Where girl dressed like pirate was singing "flying up", while holding an apple in hand.
 
What does the on-screen MTV logo look like?
 
here's the sample video:

_ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxBWcxbA2o&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received
 
I'd say that's from mid to late 90s. I think in the early 90s the logo was a white wire-frame version that looked different from that video. My guess would be this is coming from Astra 1B, 11.538GHz/V.
 
Yes, I have videos with white outline logo also, just they aren't online.
 
Back
Top