FTA Gems

173 channels @ 52 east in Midlothian
 

Attachments

  • F212E5FA-BB96-42C7-92EA-4E973DB1A185.webp
    F212E5FA-BB96-42C7-92EA-4E973DB1A185.webp
    666.3 KB · Views: 43
I am getting 2 TPS @ 53 east
 

Attachments

  • 217C8E3C-28AD-40E7-9E94-7FF643197564.webp
    217C8E3C-28AD-40E7-9E94-7FF643197564.webp
    625.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 67BBBE03-DD4B-4ABC-8C3E-8EDF36750B12.webp
    67BBBE03-DD4B-4ABC-8C3E-8EDF36750B12.webp
    727.6 KB · Views: 39
Signals on 12594/v/27500 are definitely stronger this morning as the lounge SX88+ is locking them up, but nothing here on 12632/v/3000 - judging by the Symbol Rate of 3000, I suspect that was probably Al Manar TV.
(the signals from 53E are always marginal here since, because of where the Gibby is located, the beam from that sat only just "misses" the roofline of a house on the far side of the garden fence, and is probably attenuated by it.)
 
Definitely signal gone stronger new TPS locked
12594 84%
12632 59%
12658 59%
12667 33%
12643 74%
 
4 sport Arabia HD
 

Attachments

  • 555EFB8D-C40E-4896-9192-0279F1263DE0.webp
    555EFB8D-C40E-4896-9192-0279F1263DE0.webp
    577.2 KB · Views: 35
19.2 east:
Culturebox HD id=Ch-8315 11895V 29700 - French music
Cartoon Network HD & Toonami HD 12169V 29700
TCM Cinema HD & Boomerang HD 12207V 29700

English audio available on all except Culturebox.
 
SEASONS HD 12246V 29700 19.2 east. Looks like deer stalking at the moment :(
 
Last edited:
SEASONS HD 12246V 29700 19.2 east. Looks like deer stalking at the moment :(

Seasons is FTA every day from 7:00-11:00 French time (I only found this out a couple of months ago). I believe it's supposed to be just for teleshopping, but actual content seems to go out in this window too - maybe they've just never changed their encryption schedule with Canal!
 
Thought I'd seen it in my scans before but was always encrypted when I eventually checked. The white-on-black on-screen SEASONS logo is an absolute disaster for OLED & plasma screens. Culturebox is almost as bad.
 
Thought I'd seen it in my scans before but was always encrypted when I eventually checked. The white-on-black on-screen SEASONS logo is an absolute disaster for OLED & plasma screens. Culturebox is almost as bad.

Yes, pretty garish! Mind you, CANAL+ does the same sometimes during its "en clair" periods, rather than a transparent logo. Some French channels do seem to like a bit of colourful on-screen clutter..
 
Yes, French channels often have a lot on the screen. Romanian channels are bad for it too.
 
Keep in mind Culturebox is a very quiclkly made channel to help show people to be present,despite lockdown on public show places...
So, you can t pretend they should be perfect ,
when it s an emergency attitude of providing something to people living through a crisis!
Show people & spectators alike & it 's given to all for free! Enjoy!
TCM is like a $ky moviechannel...
 
It's not the content or the purpose of the channel that's the problem... it's the marketing people who insist on solid colour on-screen graphics. Even if your television isn't susceptible to burn-in it's distracting - like having a bright light next to the stage shining in your eyes.

Back on topic Culturebox HD is also FTA on 5 west 11509H 29500 multistream.
 
yes we used to have a Berlusconi-subsidised channel called "la cinq"
it had an ugly "5" stuck on the screen ,permanently & any night scene on a film/series was unwatchable (these were analogue days)
the channel died out after a few years,a proof of the said annoyance
and I think the Italians still endure it!
 
I assume these will be short lived?
 
"canale cinque" in Italy seems hard to kill...
A mystery in this otherwise refined and respectable civilisation.
 
52E/53E very strong in Southern UK this morning with quite a lot of sport on various channels - including live England v India first Test Match on 52E RTA Sports 10887/V/27500 (OK, I know it's also on Channel 4 on Astra 2, but not everyone can get that!) & Australian tennis on VARESH 2 on 10804/H/27500 (rebroadcasting UK Sky Sports, maybe - VARESH logo is on top of it!)

PS: is the RTA Sports broadcast an "unauthorized" one because, when the score card was being shown just now, the picture broke up several times into what looked like classic encrypted form (horizontal "zigzag lines" all over the screen)??
 
Last edited:
Back
Top