FTA satellite kit in Torquay

EnglishRob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ross HD FTA box & dish
My Location
Torquay, Devon, UK
Hi folks,

I've purchased a Ross HD FTA kit from B&Q, my Dad has fitted the dish but we can't find a signal. We did manage to get what we believe is Hotbird on 13 degrees east, at least it found a list of channels but tuning into the channels was all pixelated (at best we got a purple or green screen).

We've tested the box on my Dad's satellite dish which is configured and working and we've confirmed the box is okay.

I wondered if anyone could help at all?

Ta,

Rob

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well all you need do is persevere ............... It'll be worth it in the end.

If you believe you are on Hotbird, and assuming you want UK Channels (for now!), the dish needs to go approx 15 deg further to the East and the elevation needs to come down a degree or three.

Can you list three or four of the Channels you did get?

The fact that you found a Satellite at all is a major achievement and you are 99.5% of the way there.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
EnglishRob said:
Hi folks,

I've purchased a Ross HD FTA kit from B&Q, my Dad has fitted the dish but we can't find a signal. We did manage to get what we believe is Hotbird on 13 degrees east, at least it found a list of channels but tuning into the channels was all pixelated (at best we got a purple or green screen).

We've tested the box on my Dad's satellite dish which is configured and working and we've confirmed the box is okay.

I wondered if anyone could help at all?

Ta,

Rob

Rob, This post is in the installer wanted section. Do you want to pay an installer to come to your house and sort out your dish or are you after free advise on the forum? This thread can then be moved or left in the appropriate place.