Ftp

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
Hi guys

to flash an image is it a must to use the FTP client or not and what is the alternative .

thanks alot.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Uhhh...You don't need FTP client software to flash an image. I replied to your post regarding how to flash an image to your type of box. Anyway, if you just want to test the connection to your box, you can ping it, telnet to it or FTP to it without client software. Just stick in ftp://'ipaddress' into any address bar.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
thanks
I was reading in Dreamboxshop.co.uk
in the information section point 4 and was very confused, because he mentioned ftp
what for ?????

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
read it. that for updating the satellites.xml file. necessary really to find all the transponders. but dont get ahead of yourself. flash an image first. get your box all setup. before you do a scan, find yourself an up to date satellite.xml file for your satellites, ftp it, scan away, and use dreambox edit to save your settings so you never had to do it all again. anyway, first things first, flash away, get that right, and come back if you have any more questions.

http://www.klona.4t.com/v3.1/guide_eng/dbox-howto.htm this is a more advanced how to, however ignore the flash guide using flash wizard, doesn't apply to your box.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
thanks alot.
I thought after flashing the image that is it , setdown and watch,
where to find satellite.xml files
and how can I ftp it.
I went through that sit few days ago.

thanks for your help.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Fransuoa said:
thanks alot.
I thought after flashing the image that is it , setdown and watch,
where to find satellite.xml files
and how can I ftp it.
I went through that sit few days ago.

thanks for your help.

This will do you for hotbird. FTP it to /etc/tuxbox then do your transponder scans. Make sure when you have all channels, use dreambox edit to save your channel list. you can then use to resotre quickly your favourites and stuff (it is also very good for making favourite lists).