ftv card question

D

DJElliott02

Hi,
Recently i have bought sky digibox and inactive ex sky digital card ( which suposed to be active for bbc channels) .Here's my question .. If i give to my friend in the UK my digibox serial number and inactive card number and she calls bbc will the activate this card for her? or they will send her brand new one ?

thanks for your help,
Ralph from Poland :):)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Ralph,

The inactive Sky card should normally when the box is connected, within a couple of days produce all of the FTV channels.

If you have tried this and to no avail, then yes, get your friend in the UK to order a BBC card and then send to you, she can then ring up from UK to get it activated. They will not get involved with original issue Sky cards.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If you want to use a previously activated card in a different digibox Sky will want to know the name and address that the card was sent to originally,if you dont know this then dont try it!.Normally just by quoting this name and address and the card number Sky can authorise the card in a different digibox automaticaly...............Brian

D

DJElliott02

HI,
Thanks for your reply ,,, i have one more Q ... if my card was deactivated .. what should i see on tv ? any info like "this card is inactive " or something like that ? As for now all I see is black screen and epg info about currently broadcast programme ?
FTA channels are working okay.

Thanks,
Ralph:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As I say Ralph, if it was the correct card for the box, but had been taken off subscription, after a couple of days the FTV channels should come back. But if its jsut any old card then you'll need to get your friend to apply for a BBC FTV card, they only take a few days to come through.

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Originally posted by DJElliott02
HI,
Thanks for your reply ,,, i have one more Q ... if my card was deactivated .. what should i see on tv ? any info like "this card is inactive " or something like that ? As for now all I see is black screen and epg info about currently broadcast programme ?
FTA channels are working okay.

Thanks,
Ralph:)

You should see a message on-screen which tells you to "phone this number to upgrade your subscription". If you leave the card in the Digibox for 24 hours, TV channels 103, 104 and 105 should work OK.

If you see no message then the card or box is faulty.

Czesc!
Martin

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If it is the wrong card for the box it will say "this is the wrong card for this digibox"If it has been turned off permanantly by sky it will say "this card is not authorised" if neither shows then check that the card reader is working by going to services,system details,and see if the card number is being read by the box...Brian