FTV cards switching off

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I KNOW i read somewhere that Elvis Presley works in my local chip shop.Now what"s the question?....the answer is.... O-zzz

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
PaulR said:
I think I've read somewhere that $ly News will become encrypted soon.

PaulR

My research today says that all the FTV cards are coming up with a message even on Sky News but there is nothing to suggest that they will encrypt

Paul S

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
'O'-red

Just to state the obvious - I applied for and received what I now guess were some of the last FTV cards - dark blue yellow house.

I put these in drawer for a week or so and only tried to use them after I installed my system 2-3 days back.

Guess what (you're probably way ahead of me already) no warning just a "...You do not have access to these channels..." message for ITV, 4 and 5.

Looks like our friends have moved pretty fast to disable.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Paul S

Yep, I'm afraid that it's now too late.

FTV cards were being sent out up until July 1st and the authorisation service for them was in operation until July 11th.

Don't think you can use the cards for anything unless you keep them for winter to scrape the ice off your car's windscreen.

PaulR

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 cm dish + Pace 430 on 28.2E
My Location
NW Switzerland
Hi all, I am in Switzerland, and I saw the message for the first time today, although my son saw it during the Tour de France (he tells me now!). I have one of the older FTA cards, so it looks like I will lose ITV, Ch4 & Ch5 soon. I thought that Sky were supposed to be replacing all these cards, or was that just for subscription viewers? I need English TV sometimes to retain my sanity! Should I get someone to phone this 08702 number or not? Will I get a new card for free?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I think everybody's got the message by now,so why does it have to keep popping up all day?We all know we are going to lose the channels,so while we are still receiving let us watch them in peace!!
Has anybodys card actually switched off yet?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
zorba said:
I think everybody's got the message by now,so why does it have to keep popping up all day?

Just a helpful reminder from uncle Rupert that you will have to subscribe.;)

Blackhammer

Reaction score
Smith said:
We are located in Germany,in the Hannover area.If we are to lose Ch5and 4 and have to get a SKYsubscription how do we get one-without having any contacts in the UK?Any tips?

Good question - probably no chance... but how did you get your FTV-Card without any UK contacts in the first place?

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
oh boy E bay O kay

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Blackhammer said:
Good question - probably no chance... but how did you get your FTV-Card without any UK contacts in the first place?

No problem. If you want a card PM me. I'll help you get one sorted out.

Methos.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I've got an old expired subscription card that came with a secondhand box. Recently I tried in in another box while waiting for my Pout V2 card to arrive. The old card still works fine on ITV, Ch4 and Five. The strange thing is, I don't get the pop-up message. Is this because Sky have forgotten about the card? Or does the pop-up message only appear if the card is in the box to which it is officially 'married'?

Ina

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these messages. I think once a day should really be enough. It is very annoying if you watch your favourite show and have to press "Back up" every five seconds to be able to watch your programme.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
Ina said:
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these messages. I think once a day should really be enough. It is very annoying if you watch your favourite show and have to press "Back up" every five seconds to be able to watch your programme.

hi ina. we´ve had no messages all day (thank god) but you could try going into services, system setup and change the banner setting to 0 seconds and save new settings. i think it depends on which box you have, but it´s worth a try! good luck

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 cm dish + Pace 430 on 28.2E
My Location
NW Switzerland
My children (they are the experts after all!!) tell me that the messages do not pop up during the day, but in the evening they are more frequent, though seemingly at random intervals. Apparently during Countdown on C4 they are perfectly positioned so you can still see the letters (and Carol Vorderman's legs)

sta123

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The popup's stopped by me over 2 and a half weeks ago and my FTA p1 card is still working fine, any ideas why???

markrrbb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sta123 said:
The popup's stopped by me over 2 and a half weeks ago and my FTA p1 card is still working fine, any ideas why???

the same here , 3 weeks ago the popup's started and after 4 days it stopped and the card still works...

Ina

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
markrrbb said:
the same here , 3 weeks ago the popup's started and after 4 days it stopped and the card still works...

I received the first popup`s about 4 weeks ago. Since 2 or 3 days there are no more messages. Is this a good sign???

alec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 cm Laminas dish
Inverto Black Ultra Quad
Humax HDR1010S and Foxsat HDR; Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Southwest France
Same with me - Rupert's "spoiling" popups seem to have stopped yesterday - still off today, yet the card still works. Fingers crossed - I want to video ITV's "Booze Cruise" tonight...

alec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 cm Laminas dish
Inverto Black Ultra Quad
Humax HDR1010S and Foxsat HDR; Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Southwest France
easysat said:
I've got an old expired subscription card that came with a secondhand box. Recently I tried in in another box while waiting for my Pout V2 card to arrive. The old card still works fine on ITV, Ch4 and Five. The strange thing is, I don't get the pop-up message. Is this because Sky have forgotten about the card? Or does the pop-up message only appear if the card is in the box to which it is officially 'married'?
You must be lucky. Neither the new subscription-paid card nor an old card from my main Digibox will work in the (currently) FTA one - I just get the banner "Wrong card - please insert correct card for this Digibox"

darkovo666

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well all is still well for me also, I have been watching non-popup ITV-1, Ch4 & Ch5 for weeks now.

Have the BBC done a deal/Sky been told to hang on a few more months??

Anyone any ideas, I have been thinking about getting Freeview but would like to wait as long as possible + get the best box at that time.