FTV Cards

Bunggle

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right area to post this in or not, but I hope you can help anyway.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a reasonably priced FTV card? I live in France and am craving ITV and Channel 4!

ooh and another completely unrelated question, a mate of mine in Basel has lost CH4 , CH5 and Sky1 from his system. He didn't actually receive the channels before but now they don't even show up. Any ideas what has happened?

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi
I am also looking for a FTV card and digibox have a look on Ebay but make sure to get the blue one with the yellow house. Just a quick update i hear that sky are no longer selling the FTV card a friend of mine was in England last week and she rang them but was told they are not selling them any more just the boxes are been sold. I know that sky are upgrading everything does anyone know if they won't be using cards but just software decryption also when do the version 2 cards expire.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
There are no more FTV cards and current ones will expire in next two years but sky is introducing freesat package for £150 and no monthly subscription (but with opportunity to upgrade to subscription package later on). All terrestrial channels are included but no ITV2.

Bunggle

Reaction score
skyoutUK said:
There are no more FTV cards and current ones will expire in next two years but sky is introducing freesat package for £150 and no monthly subscription (but with opportunity to upgrade to subscription package later on). All terrestrial channels are included but no ITV2.
Thanks SkyoutUK!

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
If the latest in 'The Guardian' is anything to go by, it appears that the stb will have to be connected to the phone: not particularly useful for those abroad.

Once viewers have the free [satellite] service, which will offer 150 channels and added interactivity for a one-off payment of £150, Sky hopes they will upgrade to its pay-TV packages.
Doh! I guess the clue was in the price:rolleyes:

Read the full article here:
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1306274,00.html

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
I heard a rumour that they'd sell cards to those who already have the kit - any truth in this?

And how long will my present FTV card work for, I wonder :) It's been quite useful on my old box which is proudly connected to my videosender. Well, the wife likes it - she gets to watch her recorded stuff whilst I watch the football......must stop Boro scoring when she's asleep, mind!! :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL.

I'm not sure if it's the official line, but I THINK it is now, and yes new version (more channels) of the free to view for £20 + VAT to folks with existing kit.

Your existing card was guaranteed for 2 years from when you bought it.
In reallity, it should work until the next blanket card swap.

STICK

william1903

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL.

I'm not sure if it's the official line, but I THINK it is now, and yes new version (more channels) of the free to view for £20 + VAT to folks with existing kit.

STICK
I phoned Sky yesterday and the woman had no knowledge of any FTV cards for 20 quid-said i would need to buy new system!

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany