full subsciption

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I added sky sports on my package this week as the footy has started again.
The 1st time I rang they said the signal was being sent and would be between 2 minutes and 2 hours
2 hours later and no signal so I rang again and they said it could take a little longer but they would resend it
12 hours later and still no signal so I rang again and this time they said it can take up to 24 hours but they would send a third signal.
It was about another 6 hours before it actually came on but the thought crossed my mind.....
would it be possible to downgrade your subs and then somehow avoid the signal that is sent to remove certain channels? or would the signal keep repeating itself??^-J

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could probably avoid the initial signal, but the cards work on the principal of permissions being sent every now and then. Hence a card that is left in a disconnected box loses all of it's permissions, the same would happen to your card.

I have however heard of cards that were not swithced off, but mine was cut within
minutes when I downgraded.

D

da_judge

Has any1 tried puting tape over certain tabs on card to stop this downgrade... what im saying is that last year i found i could cover a few tabs and the card still works ok... although i don't know what each tab does... thinking maybe 1 of these tabs is 4 signals in only... downgrades or upgrades... what you think... soz if im talking billy ollocks..:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that they've thought of that method of beating the system, that's why it requires an input to the card to update the permissions on an ongoing basis.