Funcard 5 in 1

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
For you who are lucky enough, unlike me, to get the 3 in 1 funcard working. There is now a 5 in 1 funcard hex which works with patched Humax or freecam. Not tried it myself...

You should be able to recieve irdeto/betacrypt/seca/viaccess/nagra

you can download it from Duckfiles:
http://all.at/duckfiles

nobbly :+

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'm about to invest in a Humax 5400, Elvis programmer and Funcard. I'd like to know about problems with the 3 in 1 card before I part with the thick end of £500. A 5 in 1 card looks tempting.

wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
I'm not an expert on recievers but I think as long as you buy a Humax 5400 which can be patched there should be no problem. Infact I wish I had bought a Humax 5400....

It would be interesting to see which other recievers the 3in1/5in1 files work with...
I have a MM9800 and a Patched Iredto cam and I can't make it work...

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
OK! I'm convinced. I'll let you know how it all goes!

wolsty

R

redbeard

I.ve just ordered A freecam & funcard...once I've tried it out I will let you know if it works in my Humax f1-vac1.....Kev

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Well, I've finally bought a patched Humax 5400z. It's now set up and I'm pleased with it. The Elvis programmer and Funcard arrived this morning and I'm struggling to make it work.

I've read the instructions from AD-Teknik and am running atmelprg in DOS. I'm using 5-in-1 files from Phill's site and, when I load them onto the card using menu option 3, I get a message showing that the loader, the eeprom files and atmel hex files are loaded. But, when I put the card in the receiver and open the smart card information box, it shows 'card invalid'.

I've also palyed around a little with a gold card and can't get the receiver to read that either.

Am I doing something incredibly stupid?

Wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Doh! I've found the first stupid thing! Woke up at 5.00 am today with the thought: 'Put the card in contact side UP!' Tried it and the receiver recognises it. However, it still does not work correcetly. Any suggestions?

Wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
If this is the first time you have programmed a card I think it would be better to start with something thats sure to work ie.not a 5 in 1 or a 3 in 1.
If you can make this work a least you know you're programming the card correctly.

Also try more files.. There are lots of versions of the 3 in 1 and 5 in 1 .. Don't just try one!!!!

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Thanks nobbly. It's reassuring to know that not everything is due to my incompetence. I'll try more versions of 3-in-1 and 5-in-1; any suggestions about where they might be found, apart from Phill's Site? Also, what would you recommend as being sure to work?

wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
The problem is that a file could work for me and not for you. It depends alot on your equipment.
If your looking for hex files try looking through these link sites.

Put them in your favorites.!!

http://monstersat.tiz.net/
http://satcodesclub.da.ru/
http://www.lynnsatuk.ht.st/

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, nobbly. I'll let you know how I get on.

wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Yo, nobbly!

Perseverance pays off! I followed your advice, tried different files and eventually found one that works. Even my wife is impressed!

Thanks once again.

wolsty

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Thats all very well, she might be impressed now but wait a few months. It won't take her long to get fed up with you playing satellites. :*

wait and see...!!!!

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Top banana! I persisted, as you suggested and have now got a 3-in1 funcard running perfectly. I'm overwhelmed with TV and even my formerly sceptical wife has pronounced herself impressed.

Many thanks

wolsty

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Aaahhhh, Nobbly, there speaks the voice of experience.

My TV stands precariously astride six boxes, connected through an intricate network of cables and switches I affectionately refer to as Rubik's Knot. There are at least as many remote controls strewn across the furniture, any one of which could conceivably be used to watch TV but which more often than not generates an error message as the Sky box searches for Eastenders on Panamsat. At breakfast it can be a bit of a shock over the cornflakes to switch on expecting NED1 news fro the Echostar box, only to find that the SPS1 switch has directed control to the Nokia still tuned to Taquilla-X.

Every day a new permutation of CAM and card finds its way into one or more of these boxes, and the transponder settings are edited into some vital new form. The selection of available channels is not so much a list, as a fleeting glimpse. If by accident someone stumbles upon a working channel, the keys will usually expire before the programme does.

In the bedroom a giga receiver picks up an apparently random signal from the living room and feeds it into a VCR which boots onto a differnt line and only picks up the SCART feed if a tape is first inserted. And when the dog licks its bollocks, the picture goes altogether.

There are two fixed dishes, a massive steerable dish, a terrestrial UHF arial and a high-gain diectional antenna scattered across the roof. My house looks like Joderel Bank. The neighbours worry about developing tumours.

What would REALLY impress my wife is a new hobby...

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
How about collecting Gnomes 2old.

rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Ooooh! Can I come and live in your house, 2old? I get enough grief for having the odd trailing wire.

wolsty

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
show her the attachment three posts down in this thread
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/223.html
2old

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'm sure she'll like the cat.

wolsty