FWP and multiboot

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i have just tried to set up multiboot on my dreambox and i get an error???

when i click the INSTALL OR REMOVE A FIRMWARE IN MULTIBOOT button
i get
error!
553 could not create file.

anyone know whats up?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
What application are you using?

Have you tried FlashWizardPRO?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
FWP = Flash wizzard pro :)

i was going to put this gemini image on people are talking about.... and have a nosey :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
FWP - here's me thinking it was typo for FTP - dooh!

Put it on myself today the first time tried everything but it would hang after the startup screen.

Finally downloaded the image from another site and deleted the first one.

This works OK now.

Had no problems with FWP on Virtual PC.

Can you see the DreamBox and other images on the USB or can't you get that far?

Error: 553 Could not determine pwdir: No such file or directory

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
i have just tried to set up multiboot on my dreambox and i get an error???

when i click the INSTALL OR REMOVE A FIRMWARE IN MULTIBOOT button
i get
error!
553 could not create file.

anyone know whats up?

Did you set your settings in Con & utilites ,ie ip=192.168.0.24
login = root password = dreambox. Then go into install a flash in firmware = basic image, I have 2.6.8.1 . What happens when you hit now install or remove a firmware in multiboot.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
tried that john still get the error.... i dont have a connection problem with the Dreambox as i can FTP and such with a variety of programs... its just Flash wizzard pro :(

question, do you have to start a fresh and put a new flash image on from scratch with this option on.... or can you add to an existing image, by putting a new one on the hard drive..?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
tried that john still get the error.... i dont have a connection problem with the Dreambox as i can FTP and such with a variety of programs... its just Flash wizzard pro :(

question, do you have to start a fresh and put a new flash image on from scratch with this option on.... or can you add to an existing image, by putting a new one on the hard drive..?

Thats what i done started all over again, may be a better way. I alwayd try things the hard way. Basic image in flash.

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Redevil I too have just started playing about with FWP and multi boot. I had problems too at the start got images on but had problems with backing up settings. As John suggested to you i also started again from scratch and reflashed 108.2 beta to the internal flash, then loaded my working Hydra onto USB without the copy settings box checked. Then I reset all the LNB settings and satellite.xml on the internal beta. All working now I have Hydra achilles and Zeus and gemini all running from USB. BTW has anyone got any cams working successfully with the Gemini image? I'm having problems getting them to work they are there and can be selected but don't unscramble?
Cheers 121fred

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Folks,

I agree with 121fred the 1.08.2-1 public beta is the best image to put in Dreambox flash as the base image for multiboot. It is reported as 2.6.9 rc1 by FW4.5b once installed in DB flash. If you don't use this image then people have had problems with FW and the box freezing during a multiboot image install to USB/HDD, some with error messages some with none, just frozen!!
Best to start again from scratch.

121, regarding emus on Gemini. Yes all work, but the k*y* are a bit strange on the Gemini downloads. Using newcamd 5.26 and Mary's (at 02/01 somewhat out of date) I get some channels which newcamd is capable of but not others.
Using Newcamd k*y*(newer at 06/01) then I get the others but not the some, if you see what I mean!!?
But newcamd 5.26 (have not tried 5.27 yet as posts on toes suggested it had problems) and scam2.3c work OK.

73 & good luck.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
td03-5 said:
Hi Folks,

I agree with 121fred the 1.08.2-1 public beta is the best image to put in Dreambox flash as the base image for multiboot. It is reported as 2.6.9 rc1 by FW4.5b once installed in DB flash. If you don't use this image then people have had problems with FW and the box freezing during a multiboot image install to USB/HDD, some with error messages some with none, just frozen!!
Best to start again from scratch.

121, regarding emus on Gemini. Yes all work, but the k*y* are a bit strange on the Gemini downloads. Using newcamd 5.26 and Mary's (at 02/01 somewhat out of date) I get some channels which newcamd is capable of but not others.
Using Newcamd k*y*(newer at 06/01) then I get the others but not the some, if you see what I mean!!?
But newcamd 5.26 (have not tried 5.27 yet as posts on toes suggested it had problems) and scam2.3c work OK.

73 & good luck.

FTP'd 5.27 onto Zeus and Gemini, and they're fine. There has since been an ECM on Dig+ and Cyf+ which causes freezing, so we're waiting for 5.28 to match Pred 303. What I'm saying is that there was nothing wrong with 5.27, events just overtook it.

Any noob reading this is probably taking up shovehappeny instead. O-Ha

STICK

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Thanks folks, I'll have a play with newcamd 5.27. Its purely for the fun of it as there is only one sat left on id1 with which to experiment. You guys are so lucky to have so many sats to play with everything in Oz is now id2, seca2, NDS etc and there is no info in the public domain any more re cracks or keys. Enjoy it while you can lads.

Cheers 121fred

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi stick,

Thanks for that info. I've just put second copies of Zeus & Gemini on my multiboot to play with the new emus. I've just tried newcamd 5.27 in Gemini. As I've said in previous post, the k*y* are a nightmare in the Gemini downloads. Using newcamd 5.27 it's about 50% with Mary's 02/01 and the other 50% with newcamd k*y* 06/01.
Select channel - doesn't go - know it should - download other set - it goes - change channel - doesn't go - know it should - change back - it goes - etc, etc.....
I used to compare these files using Access and edit all differences into a single file using UltraEdit32! Must be getting lazy!!!

73 happy dreaming.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Morning td03-5

Have you tried the new cpanel in Zeus to get web updates yet?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi gameboy,

No, not yet, tried Gemini first, in fact been using that a lot lately since the Hydra site problem!
Do I take it that it's good?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Learned my lesson the hard way (for now) and left well alone for now - been using Geminin myself and it works OK.

In Zeus you updated the control panel and the SCAMs etc updated so in Gemini what do you do to update them?

They still seem to be the versions that were there when I first installed it.

That 100mph storm we had this week - dish and motor survived.

Had to tweek it a bit with the remote so look like the motor/dish assembly must have moved slightly.

Guess what? I can now get more channels and sats than ever!!!
Result... what's that saying about an ill wind.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi GB,

No need to update the panel in Gemini it reads it frm the server each time you open it!

Newcamd 5.27 and scam 2.4 were there when I opened the panel for the first time in the new copy of the Gemini 103 that i've just loaded ito USB to play with. The original Gemini I'veleft as it was for now.

Got to go!!!!!!!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
when you do a flash erase, it leaves all the files on the hard drive. i now have 2 hydra folders??? i dont know which its using, i checked the created date and one was created in 1970 hahahah
anyway, would it be wise to flash erase the box and delete the 2 folders on the HDD then setup the hard drive again after?

the position im in at the moment is i have Zeus on and cant download nothing, and all the channels have gone off :(

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
td03-5 said:
Hi GB,

No need to update the panel in Gemini it reads it frm the server each time you open it!

Newcamd 5.27 and scam 2.4 were there when I opened the panel for the first time in the new copy of the Gemini 103 that i've just loaded ito USB to play with. The original Gemini I'veleft as it was for now.

Got to go!!!!!!!

Yes I like that very much. The way it should be. Did you notice that the catalogue.xml has some invalid structure, and doesn't contain a catalogue as such? Didn't get time to investigate.... Sat-World is just SOOO busy at the mo!!!

td03-5 said:
I used to compare these files using Access and edit all differences into a single file using UltraEdit32! Must be getting lazy!!!

I'm glad you said that. Saved me saying it!!! Don't become just another button-pusher LOL
O-Ha

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi red,

Sounds like a fresh start would be best.
Why not put the images in a USB stick (128 or 256M:cool:?
Then it's easy to start again, install flash image, format USB, mount USB, install image to USB, done!
Plus the benefit of HDD not spinning all the time!