Garden border ideas please

When do you get awarded the pipe and slippers????
 
Raining here.Maybe heading your way.:)

Yes it caught up with me Ray :(, I still got most things done:), I just need to cut a few paving slabs and continue them round the outside of the greenhouse, and I need to pick up some Perspex for the back to let light into the shed,

I am unsure if hedgehogs would be able to get in my garden, but I am thinking of adopting one in need of a good home, with this in mind I have built a little nest at the front, also bearing in mind they hibernate and I wouldn't want them waking up too early with the greenhouse being warmer so I've left plenty of gaps for air to circulate to keep it cool :).

DSCN7707.webp DSCN7708.webp DSCN7721.webp DSCN7724.webp DSCN7709.webp DSCN7711.webp DSCN7714.webp
 
I went out today and bought some planters, too heavy to lift for one person so I had to manoeuvre them the old fashioned way, a coat of paint and they look good, I need to do some work on the gnome lol.
DSCN7742.webp DSCN7748.webp DSCN7749.webp DSCN7750.webp DSCN7751.webp DSCN7752.webp
 
Wow.....thats some difference to the start of the thread Martin.....hard work but what a result.

¿Pipe and Slippers...hope you find time to enjoy?

Great job. respect-048.gif
 
Hi, I've been after a stone bird bath for a while now, and managed to get one from eBay today £35, I was going to place it at the top of the garden with the planters, but I think it will look nice in the middle of the lawn with a border round it,
DSCN7871.webp
 
View attachment 75391

I have one of these down the bottom of the garden. Some of them you can fit a camera to. well worth getting some hedgehog food.

Many thanks Chris, I was popping out to get some meal worm later, I do have a proper pet shop near on to me, I will call in and see if they have any, that's a nice hut but would take more time for me to construct, a square one will be lots easier for me to make, if the one I make starts getting used I will install a camera,

For the time being I will tidy the gates an ladders up and place it there so I can see anything going in on the cctv :),

The bird bath is in its resting place, i just need to dig the border :).
DSCN7882.webp DSCN7880.webp DSCN7879.webp DSCN7878.webp
 
Dare I say that your 1.8m dish will make your lovely new garden look ugly? Is that why you're procrastinating?
 
Dare I say that your 1.8m dish will make your lovely new garden look ugly? Is that why you're procrastinating?


No far from it Alex:), to me the dish will be the most wonderful item in my garden in my eyes;), I am still enjoying my time with the 1.2, I am 48 this year and the bit of a kid in me is drifting away slightly at times,

If more peeps had them here in the uk it would have been fitted along time ago, I do understand that its not practical for most of us, that's probably slowed me down,

If I am honest it will be nice to get more channels and see what she can do but I don't want to come across big headed if that makes any sense, at the end of the day I am one of the lads, I am not the look at me type of person and that's how it could be looked at once fitted, I am rubbish at explaining things I hope the above makes some sense,
 
Back
Top