NWW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD88 9E/13E/19.2E/28.2E 4x Inverto Black Octo's, 8x Diseqc
HTPC with DVBlink 4.5.2 TBS6981/Digital Devices Cine S2 + DuoFlex S2 with Hadu
Oscam with TNTSAT
My Location
Belgium
Well, I've added whatever channels I could find originating from the German part of Europe to my listings, and was delighted to see a LOT of HD channels. When checking the guide, I see a lot of good movies, good TV shows.

I say to myself: "Great! I can finally watch some decent TV tonight".

Tune in to a channel, grab some popcorns. Then, the shock!

Everything is translated in German. Everything! No second language option, nothing... I was bummed, as I was ready to add HD+ to my system as well!

(They're doing the same thing in most French channels, and all French-speaking channels in Belgium :( )

So, back to Freesat, until I find something else.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres very little English transmitted fta in Europe. Theres a handful of news channels a hatful of crap religious stuff and thats about it.

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
French language TF1 on 9ºEast has quite a few series with French and English sound tracks. I'm not sure about films, as I'm more interested in the French! However, I have noticed that sometimes the HD variant has French only while the SD has both. For films in English I go for Badr 26ºE, and Freesat is pretty good, with Film 4 etc.

NWW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam with TNTSAT
My Location
Belgium
Already have a TNTSAT card, so I'm covered by the French channels. TF1 doesn't always have both languages. M6, NT1, W9 and others do. The 6 new ones don't for example.

The most basic package of Canal Digitaal NL looks promising. But I'm still looking first for FTA/FTV channels, before paying subscriptions for channels that I'll rarely watch.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
It's a shame HD+ channels don't have a secondary English track. I was under the impression most SD German channels can remain FTA as they dub American programmes so not many people bother to watch outside of their official area but with HD+ this wouldn't be such an issue and would benefit English speakers within Germany.

The encrypted Swiss channels often show imported programmes with an English soundtrack, like some of the French channels.

NWW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam with TNTSAT
My Location
Belgium
I had the same thought Timo, but looking through kingofsat, there was never a mention of "eng" audio anywhere. So that's sad.

So to recap: In Belgium.

DVB-C: proprietary system, not available. Won't subscribe to them if I have to use their stupid box
DVB-T: 3 channels (if lucky, 6 channels = 3 Dutch, 3 French), only PSB channels
DVB-S2: Subscription for either Dutch speaking, or French speaking channels, not both. French channels don't have English audio, Dutch channels do.

My only option: FreeSat. Yep, no company wants my money apparently...