Gibertini polarmount settings

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
So was the elevation of the mount wrong in the end?

A

Archive-8

Yes it was, got the inclometer in the post, and re-done it. To your maths. Thanks :-) now I need to tweet my c-band lnb as not getting the same results as I was on my other 1 meter dish. But I can play with that in my own time.

Many thanks for your help.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Something wrong here. Correct polar mount elevation for your location is 38.8º. Declination is 6.7º. If you subtract the declination from the elevation it will give you the elevation of your due south satellite. 38.8 - 6.7 = 32.1º. Just looking at the mount in the photos looks wrong. It looks set up pretty much the same as mine and I am 12º further south.

It's possible the whole polarmount assembly has been fitted upside down on the pole.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
A

Archive-8

Is there a web page or some thing that will give me the chance of being able to look up the elevation and declanation values?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
My figures are good, but anyway you perfect this using your meter, not an angle gauge. The angle gauge is just a helper to get you in the ballpark.

A

Archive-8

I asked as I have another dish to tweek. Using your maths worked a treat. Thanks again. :-)

satsid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I've got one of those c band lnb's waiting to be installed, isn't it upside down? I thought the skew markings on the back should have the zero pointing almost straight up? just curious, going to have go with mine if whether is ok at the weekend, which it probably won't be as it is a bank holiday

satsid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
whether weather? its all the same :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
With circular polarisation, it makes no difference but with linear, the 0 degree line should be pointing downwards. On mine, this makes the heatsink appear at a 45 degree angle.