Glad when its all over.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
({}) Fireworks, ban them. I haven't taken my dog out in the evening for over 2 weeks. Gets a few yards up the road and another banger which makes him go back home. I thought the sale of the very loud ones were banned and enforcement is never going to happen. 6 till 12-30 last night but at least its raining tonight. :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, as you say it is impossible to enforce, I believe that they ought to limit sales to a few licensed vendors in each town and make stringent checks on who they sell to.

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
We have had an age increase in Guernsey so the kids can't buy them (i think you must be 21 now to buy fireworks). Also the shops have not been able to sell them until the last few days. All displays must be done this weekend and no fireworks after Sunday night. Also fireworks should stop at 21:00. Up until now it seems to be working. No fireworks before last night & its 21:03 and the fireworks seem to have stopped ! Looks like this might actually work out !
The states of Guernsey have got something right !

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Move to the sticks - Ive only heard half a dozen all week:D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
It's like a war zone here tonight - hopefully will die down before midnight...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Around my neighbourhood it's the second year running we've had a copper chopper circling for the last hour to add to the racket. I think they just do it to watch the pretty sights.

Llew

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Llew said:
Around my neighbourhood it's the second year running we've had a copper chopper circling for the last hour to add to the racket. I think they just do it to watch the pretty sights.

Llew

'O'-red I managed to get to sleep through all the noise at 1am but was woken again by some mindless idiot setting off a Chinise Cracker banger at 3-15am. No one seems to cae about anyone else anymore. :confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It seems that a large proportion of the population saved up their fireworks as it was wet last night and if last night was world war 3 then tonight is world war 3 and one half. Soon it will all be over won't it???

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Fireworks still going off here.. last night there was sky rumbling fireworks going off till around 3am..

then there was people setting fireworks off allday today starting at 10 am.. (why.. its daylight??)

It makes me laugh how you cant go into a gunshop and buy gunpowder, but you can go into a local shop and buy loads of the stuff..

i cant see the police doing anything with regards to new laws and enforcing them.. i can just see the police now, parked up in a lay by zapping cars doing 33Mph..

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
ahhh fond memories of blighty. But your right I could never understand why we celibrate a failed terrorist attack on our capital. I wonder in a few years time shall we start to celibrate 911, the london attacks or the manchester bombings.
All the good things in history we could celibrate, like beating the french.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I expect we'll celebrate Ashes day for the next 500 years, even long after the Aussies have won them back.