Glitching/breakup on 19.2 tp

dankargo

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
90cm Motorised
My Location
Brentwood
Hey all,

Hope everyone is safe and hasn't been directly impacted by the virus.

I'm having some issues with the following TP on 19.2E (11052 H 22000 2/3). I've been trying to watch a show on ONE HD but have weirdly been facing picture break up/audio glitches. I have a 90cm dish and have never once suffered any glitches on strong satellites like this. I moved to 28.2E and scanned in the same TP (ITV Wales HD being the result) and no apparent glitches there, back to 19.2E and break up/glitches return. I've since tweaked my latitude by 0.3 and although it seems to be a little better (hard to tell as the glitches were come and go but not as bad as before), I asked a friend to check and he's also getting the same. My SNR is 75-78%.

Would anyone be ever so kind as to check themselves and see if you get the same?

Thanks
 
Hi mate

I just turned the dish around to have a look for you. My signal with a 1m dish northern England is over 88% but I have no glitching.
 

Attachments

  • 19.2 onhd2.webp
    19.2 onhd2.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 9
Ive just been looking - chap with dreadlocks singing. No evidence of any picture breakup noted. I dont have audio set up on that computer atm so cant report on that. Signal at 97%
 
Thank you all for replies and for taking the time to go and check, most appreciated :)

It's very strange, tweaking my latitude by 0.3 seems to have completely eliminated the picture break ups. I think coincidently, the show itself is having audio glitches. Someone mentioned to me that it may have been 'too much signal', but as I am only receiving 75-78% SNR, could that be the case?
 
Too much signal can be a cause, but not with a 90cm dish.

How did your friend correct their channel glitch ?
 
I had a similar issue with too much signal a good few years ago.

 
Back
Top