Got the DM800 - questions :)

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with Gemini image. Using SmarGo cardreader as well as internal.
My Location
Denmark
Hey guys,

I finally got my DM800.
I flashed it with latest Gemini image, and installed latest CCcam as well.
Right now it's connected as a client to my old DM7000, which holds the two cards.
This was first step - get it to work, as a client.

Before I move on, to make it work as a server, I have a few questions:

1. The DM800 gets VERY VERY hot, I can barely hold my fingers on it - that's how hot it becomes after just an hour of running.
Is this "normal" ? Bootloaderstage is #72
Should I be worried about this?

2. Is it possible to configure the CCcam as cardshare server, and have the old DM7000 with Newcamd connect to it, without changing configuration on those old clients?

3. I currently have two cards in my DM7000. As they both work with no issues there, will I have problems in the DM800 internal cardreader with any of those two cards? (Thinking volts here, 3.3 or 5v)

4. Can the internal cardreader and Smargo reader auto-update the cards, when new information is "pushed" out? Or is there a limitation in the CCcam software/cardreaders I should be aware of?

5. I noticed, that running HD channels, I have to enable Subtitles in the Gemini software itself, on each of the HD channels. But as I'm running a HD skin, the subtitles are kinda "crumbled" up in the left side of the screen, and not really "normal subtitle size" - can I somehow fix that?
The addon 2Sub does not seem to work on HD channels, only normal channels.

Cheers!

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Noone can help on these ? :)

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Hi,

Not really, as it basically just tells alot about how to configure CCcam :)
I haven't yet dared to use the cards in the internal reader, as am not sure about those questions I asked...

alpa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
220cm dish
DM800 HD
DM7020
My Location
Macedonia
dennismeng said:
Hey guys,

I finally got my DM800.
I flashed it with latest Gemini image, and installed latest CCcam as well.
Right now it's connected as a client to my old DM7000, which holds the two cards.
This was first step - get it to work, as a client.

Before I move on, to make it work as a server, I have a few questions:

1. The DM800 gets VERY VERY hot, I can barely hold my fingers on it - that's how hot it becomes after just an hour of running.
Is this "normal" ? Bootloaderstage is #72
Should I be worried about this?

2. Is it possible to configure the CCcam as cardshare server, and have the old DM7000 with Newcamd connect to it, without changing configuration on those old clients?

3. I currently have two cards in my DM7000. As they both work with no issues there, will I have problems in the DM800 internal cardreader with any of those two cards? (Thinking volts here, 3.3 or 5v)

4. Can the internal cardreader and Smargo reader auto-update the cards, when new information is "pushed" out? Or is there a limitation in the CCcam software/cardreaders I should be aware of?

5. I noticed, that running HD channels, I have to enable Subtitles in the Gemini software itself, on each of the HD channels. But as I'm running a HD skin, the subtitles are kinda "crumbled" up in the left side of the screen, and not really "normal subtitle size" - can I somehow fix that?
The addon 2Sub does not seem to work on HD channels, only normal channels.

Cheers!

1. U shouldnot worry, because since the bootstage loader fix, dm800 does not freeze anymore.
However I recommend putting small fan inside(I put it), because I think it will prolounge the lifespan of your box.

2.Yes.
U can use combo newcs+cccam or latest version of cccam which handles cards in dm 800 reader.

3. No problems unless your config is not right.

4. not as Im aware. check if emm is enabled in your cccam.cfg

5. don't know the exact answer on that, but dump gemini, go to nabilo as it is far more advanced and better.

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
1. Yeah, I actually wrote Dream Multimedia about the heating issue, and they tell me I have nothing to worry about - even though it feels VERY hot.
I might "mod it" so it removes the hot air better, later on tho.

2. I think I will move completely to CCcam, including on the client :)

3. Hm can the config "control" the voltage being put out? What I'm worried about, is frying one of the cards in the internal reader :)

4. EMM is the feature that updates the cards then?

5. What exactly makes it better, as far more advanced not is equal to better :) ??? Making it even more advanced working with the dreambox, will also make it harder to spend less time configuring/administrating.