Gran Canaria South-80cm dish-What can I see

petediscrete

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
Currently have the dish pointed at Astra 19degrees East.Other than the English language news channels very little else.Any suggestions what I can point at in that neck of the woods in the way of English language channels.I assume 28 degrees is out of the question altogether by way of FTA.
 
Should get 28e South beam and possibly fixed EB1 but the decent fta stuff is on the spot beam.
 
MBCs and Foxes and Dubais on 26east
UK and USA imported programems and movies in English, but with hard coded arabic subs
 
Of course 26e. You mention that neck of the woods; if you have line of sight, duplicated on Nilesat 7w also.
 
Looking at the S1 beam on Eurobird what size dish would I need.This seems to be the only sat on an FTA basis that I could receive off 28 degrees.BADR is interesting so I will check that out.
 
7W or 26E are where you will get the best programming by far. Forget 28E as nothing notable worth watching.

Cheers

Triggs
 
petediscrete said:
Looking at the S1 beam on Eurobird what size dish would I need. This seems to be the only sat on an FTA basis that I could receive off 28 degrees.


Will vary across the islands but around a 3.1M for S1. It certainly won't work 24/7 though.
Consider one of the above satellites, there are good films available.
 
Back
Top