GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

at least they're listening and actively updating (for now...)
 

I also fired off a reminder to them tagged onto your message about missing off the Ka LO's and also the fact that i asked a while back for a 'User' LO option as it would be more beneficial.
Also asked if they (GTMedia), had any plans for a Mk2 Combo or a 4:2:2 version of a receiver that had a better processor / software that can manage more than 8-12 fps playback of 4:2:2 material. Iv'e noticed that even on a NON-4:2:2 content if you change the 'Player' option it plays back at the same 8-12 fps resulting in 'stutter' - change channel and then go back it plays normal at 24 or higher fps.
** Did you add the '7.1E Ka Eutelsat B' listing in the 'Satellite List' - - it's not in my list on v1.15
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Playback 'stutter'.webp
 
It would be actually nice to try out the new software!!!..my box says it has the latest with version 14 and no manual download available either..what crap!
 
** Did you add the '7.1E Ka Eutelsat B' listing in the 'Satellite List' - - it's not in my list on v1.15


So you are "Jaes".... :)
yes, I added the KA band satellites (I'm replacing a satellite that I can't receive).
 
Funny....mine is still telling me C20.A9.1.14 is the latest. :) There seems to be a problem with sound with new firmware people are saying in the forum.
Same with me...
 
It would be actually nice to try out the new software!!!..my box says it has the latest with version 14 and no manual download available either..what crap!
20220331_205135[1].jpg
Forces TV on 28.2E appears to be playing up.
 
A few are reporting the same issue as me on the the Freesat.cn forum..they could have possibly pulled the update for some reason..
Oddly just the previous programme (Sorry) . UFO currently on is perfect.
 
do we know if they pulled the firmware in the end?
 
do we know if they pulled the firmware in the end?


Might be better if they pulled the box!

I got one 'ere for sale at small wad, gone back to the GTMedia v8 UHD, pours Poop nicely and nowhere near as bitched up as that Combo.
Anyone wanna shove £70 notes into my paw can take it away or add delivery on top.

Just my personal opinion but the only real selling point of the Combo is juddery 4:2:2 video and the Android interface.
I can live without those and get smooth 4:2:2 video from a TBS card or an RX8200.
 
Last edited:
Might be better if they pulled the box!

I got one 'ere for sale at small wad, gone back to the GTMedia v8 UHD, pours Poop nicely and nowhere near as bitched up as that Combo.
Anyone wanna shove £70 notes into my paw can take it away or add delivery on top.

Just my personal opinion but the only real selling point of the Combo is juddery 4:2:2 video.
I can live without that and get smooth 4:2:2 video from a TBS card or an RX8200.
Totally agree MB..the box is full of bugs! I should have learnt from having its predecessor the GTC, that was another box full of bugs. The V9 Prime does me just fine, pours Poop and rock solid 4.2.2 to the PC using VLC...
 
do we know if they pulled the firmware in the end?
Not been answered last time I looked on the Freesat.cn forum, I asked the question to them...
 
Might be better if they pulled the box!

I got one 'ere for sale at small wad, gone back to the GTMedia v8 UHD, pours Poop nicely and nowhere near as bitched up as that Combo.
Anyone wanna shove £70 notes into my paw can take it away or add delivery on top.

Just my personal opinion but the only real selling point of the Combo is juddery 4:2:2 video.
I can live without that and get smooth 4:2:2 video from a TBS card or an RX8200.
Been saying that from the start. The V8 UHD with a separate decently speced Android box with GT Share installed and you’re good to go on 4.2.2. While the Combo was sub £100 all in it was credible but looking around now I’d definitely pass on it. No doubt the next gen GT Media receiver will hit the shelves and I doubt you’ll see much further development on the Combo anyway. The nature of cheapo beasts.
 
It's like an April Fool's joke, if you think you can use the file manager to copy/move a file (e.g. a screenshot) to the USB stick, you're more likely to despair than succeed. Then why is a file manager a file manager?

The new firmware was not available today either.
 
It's like an April Fool's joke, if you think you can use the file manager to copy/move a file (e.g. a screenshot) to the USB stick, you're more likely to despair than succeed. Then why is a file manager a file manager?

The new firmware was not available today either.
I must have been the lucky one then. Watching now and all is good apart from the clock, though I've no time to play with 4:2:2 currently.
 
version 16 has just been released.Encode_823.mp4_20220401_143835.861.webp
 
It's like an April Fool's joke, if you think you can use the file manager to copy/move a file (e.g. a screenshot) to the USB stick, you're more likely to despair than succeed. Then why is a file manager a file manager?

The new firmware was not available today either.
Was pulled I think for a sound problem..no surprise there. Been fixed apparently as a new version is out, but still nothing to download on the site!! Whether or not the online version will be available to the box is anybodys guess..
 
Nice for those who's box doesn't actually says version 14 is the latest!!

Petal, the web site still says 1.14 latest but just switched mine on and it's done an OTA to 1.16 ok
 
Back
Top