GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Petal, the web site still says 1.14 latest but just switched mine on and it's done an OTA to 1.16 ok
Yes, I know the website says 1.14 the box said that last night too when I tried to download 1.15, assuming they pulled 1.15 it may work when I get in..communications from them are appalling if in indeed 1.15 was pulled..
 
i like the CLEAR OLD DATA function when performing a blind scan!
:-clap
CLEAR OLD DATA- I agree its a great facility to have. Now on version 1.16 here having updated via the web.
 
You have to click here for it to work
Encode_825.mp4_20220401_143806.273.webp
 
I imagine everyone trying to hit the server at the same time hasn’t helped. Power down the Combo and power it up again and you should be good to go for updating.

Don’t expect too much from this update though. It was done only to address audio issues. A lot done, a lot more to do I think (pardon the play on done) as it sounds like some feel they have been.
 
interesting - for me, .16 is only a 27Mb approx "patch" - presumedly cos i installed yesterdays update.

for those of you who never got around to installing it yesterday, it should be about 750Mb. (there must be 2 updates) incremental and full
 
interesting - for me, .16 is only a 27Mb approx "patch" - presumedly cos i installed yesterdays update.

for those of you who never got around to installing it yesterday, it should be about 750Mb. (there must be 2 updates) incremental and full
This is exactly what can be seen on my screenshot of Today at 1:43 PM
It's logical, it's just the complement of 15
 
Got the new 16 sw in at last...things seem to have improved on the 4.2.2 front, this BBC Scotland feed off 16E is still juddering a little20220401_180714.webp bit, but much, much better than it used to be..
 
CLEAR OLD DATA- I agree its a great facility to have. Now on version 1.16 here having updated via the web.


Yes, the .15 update yesterday helps a fair bit especially as we do not seem to have as yet any decent channel editor.......at least us, the feed hunters, can start a clean scan rather than having to add and create a 'new' satellite to bypass the manual channel editing. :Y
Although many users seem to have differing problems with the GT Combo and its updates, for me the population and appearance of the transponders list is now very much faster.

Ran a few tests today with the smaller .16 additional update installed:-

Bluetooth:
my mobile recognised and connected to the Combo but the Combo accepted the mobile but would/could not connect to mobile!

Email:
Gmail app installed in Combo, sent ok and received on my mobile with text and a copy of Combo screenshots from the 'File Browser'......works well!.............also, Combo receives mail and able to download the attachment/s to the 'File Browser'!

Captura2.webp

'File Browser':
still unable to copy items from this App to the USB stick!

Screenshot:
now able to secure without changing the player.

All in all not too bad.

As commented by others, the V8 UHD is a simpler beast and I myself just wish it had the more modern and colourful interfaces of the Combo....
Guess both boxes are nice in their own ways and as you say, 'the Poop pours nicely' on both. :-applause
 
Had the new 16 sw in since last night. Box speed in channel changing and menu browsing has improved, 4.2.2 improved. I have some picture judder on Al Jazeera Balkans HD off 16E which I didn't notice before. Just scanned 23E switched to radio, no sound and the box locked up needing a reboot...so a game of to halves for me....
 
version 16 still manages to read SR 542 on 5° west.
I have not yet managed to read a lower SR.
sr 542 5 west.webp
 
Managing quite smooth playback with 12 fps on this 7East BISS/4:2:2 feed with whatever 'Player' the box is using to show 4:2:2

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

7 East - BISS-422.webp
 
Managing quite smooth playback with 12 fps on this 7East BISS/4:2:2 feed with whatever 'Player' the box is using to show 4:2:2

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 141890

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Other examples of not so good though - still on 7East BISS/4:2:2 feed channels - note the bit & fps readings.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Screenshot (228).webpScreenshot (231).webp
 
Evening all

I really hate to admit this but I'm really struggling to understand how to drive this box, even basic stuff such as creating satellite channel lists (and getting it to scan the sats I that want it to - rather than those it appears to decide to itself!!) - especially given the lack of detailed instructions coming with it.
(For example, about an hour ago, I tried to get it to blindscan THOR, and since then bottom of the onscreen display shows 0.8W THOR 5/6/7 etc - BUT it actually appears to be throwing up a long list of channels which are most definitely on the Astra 2 complex at 28E!!!)

I know this is my first Android box and that in itself is causing me "problems", as well as the fact that I have "got a lot of other things going on around me" that are very distracting & time-consuming, but I really could use some basic instructions & help on how to get the hang of using it - so can anyone point me in the right direction(s) (and not just at the freesat.cn website, which I find somewhat confusing and not at all helpful!)?

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Which dish are you running it on ?

Which firmare version do you have currently installed ?
 
I find the combo tends to return to the last satellite viewed after scanning.

As per all other images I have used as of late, into antenna setup, tick the bird that is required, press red and then scroll down to where it says auto and select blind (and adjust the others below it).

Seems to work every time
 
Is somebody can advise on how to set up favourite channels on VIX images (The H9S Zgemma) by return it would be much appreciated.
 
I find the combo tends to return to the last satellite viewed after scanning.

As per all other images I have used as of late, into antenna setup, tick the bird that is required, press red and then scroll down to where it says auto and select blind (and adjust the others below it).

Seems to work every time
Thanks - but I think posts like that illustrate my "problem" and my point, i.e. there seems to be a total lack of an easily accessible "primer" set of straightforward instructions from GT Media on how to do the basic stuff!:rolleyes:

In the absence of those, newbies to this Rx are forced to rely on " begging for scraps" from those who have already managed to uncover how to do "this and that" to get the box working to any useful degree at all - otherwise, we (and that certainly includes myself) may feel like just giving up on it :(

I wonder how many other purchasers have, or will soon, feel the same?????

Also, as a result of the sometimes "adulation" expressed about the Rx probably makes some of us reluctant to ask for assistance because we feel like "it can't be that hard, can it"?:(
 
Back
Top