GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

The cable came from the motor into my TM5402 box then using the loop out port into the Combo. I assume it's bad practice messing around with the coax cables whilst the box is on but i've done it hundreds of times without issue on other boxes. I was going to flash the box from my PC but to my disbelief amongst the myriad of cables I have I can't seem to locate a USB to USB and haven't had a chance to get one yet

>>The cable came from the motor into my TM5402 box then using the loop out port into the Combo. <<
The Combo's Terrestrial socket likes to give volts out of it but will be very unhappy to have a dose of 13/18volts fed into it's circuitry delivered from the TM5402's loop out socket. It could well be the end of it
 
The cable came from the motor into my TM5402 box then using the loop out port into the Combo. I assume it's bad practice messing around with the coax cables whilst the box is on but i've done it hundreds of times without issue on other boxes. I was going to flash the box from my PC but to my disbelief amongst the myriad of cables I have I can't seem to locate a USB to USB and haven't had a chance to get one yet
You could potentially (sic) check if there is a voltage on the output of the TM5402 loop in the meantime.

It would not be good if there was, but at least you would have an answer.
 
You could potentially (sic) check if there is a voltage on the output of the TM5402 loop in the meantime.

It would not be good if there was, but at least you would have an answer.

... They don't like it up 'em
 
Good.

Don't try it again.

Is there a TM5402 gen that supplies voltage as standard out of the loop ?
My 5402 HD M3 CI definitely , if powered 'ON', depending if a H or V channel is active has 13/18 volts out on the loop out socket
 
FW v1.19 available
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Combo v1.19  available..jpg
 
On 16 East Is anyone getting video right now on either 12.694 V or 12.711 V both have SR of 13.999 as I just get audio
 
On 16 East Is anyone getting video right now on either 12.694 V or 12.711 V both have SR of 13.999 as I just get audio

They are both FTA and although a video pid is shown on both frequencies they both give just audio only. Rx: GTM Combo.
 
They are both FTA and although a video pid is shown on both frequencies they both give just audio only. Rx: GTM Combo.
Ah so why no video ? The GT combo is meant to show 4.2.2 assuming these were 4.2.2 feeds
 
Thats the BBC transponder so I assume it was 16ASPK too, maybe just too much to handle 4:2:2 and 16ASPK combined?
 
Did anyone make a recording? It would be interesting to know the video codec information.
 
Did anyone make a recording? It would be interesting to know the video codec information.
None of the transponders at those frequencies seem to be vertical polarity.
 
Did anyone make a recording? It would be interesting to know the video codec information.

The signals are not present at the moment but here's the entry captured by the GT Combo- identical info for both frequencies. *Ignore the picture in the background-that's the rx displaying the last looked at channel on a different freq.*
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Screenshot (28).png
 
The signals are not present at the moment but here's the entry captured by the GT Combo- identical info for both frequencies. *Ignore the picture in the background-that's the rx displaying the last looked at channel on a different freq.*
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................View attachment 145699
Thanks. It wasn't listed as 4:2:2 on Satelliweb (though that doesn't rule it out) so it shouldn't have been too troublesome to decode, I wonder if it could be an issue with the latest firmware.

E86D1A45-6F20-4DAD-97AC-539E25223F2F.jpeg
 
Thanks. It wasn't listed as 4:2:2 on Satelliweb (though that doesn't rule it out) so it shouldn't have been too troublesome to decode, I wonder if it could be an issue with the latest firmware.

View attachment 145703
I would also says it's a software issue. I have the same problem with FTA Sky feeds, the combo refuses to display a picture, but all my other receivers do with no problem. The older versions of sw in the combo were the same..
 
Back
Top