GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Ah so much for the combo being a 4.2.2 receiver then. I've yet to decode anything 4.2.2 myself
 
I'm getting the odd reminder that the TV app is struggling, only once on switch-on though .

I'll look into the issue this weekend.20221109_131559[1].jpg20221108_132018[1].jpg
 
With certain channels they stutter quite badly ITV 3 and 4 HD for example though on 8w I am getting the SD channels ok with the Octagon SX88+/ SF8008 not even finding them
 
With certain channels they stutter quite badly ITV 3 and 4 HD for example though on 8w I am getting the SD channels ok with the Octagon SX88+/ SF8008 not even finding them
The fault here is unrelated to satellite, or the definition of the transmission. Most times it is SD on Astra 2 however that is usually where the dish is parked up near retiring.
 
I updated firmware to latest and it seems a lot more stable now. I've channel hopped galore and no crashes or bugs..... Good show
 
Can someone remind me of the place in Spain which sells this box ? Mine has just decided to stop working after a tiny amount of apparently drink got into it, worked for a while after then rebooted and that was it, unplugged it no display either but the green power led shows no boot up :(
 
Thanks yes that was it but can't seem to checkout even though I am logged in so bought from aliexpress. About the same price just much longer to wait, oh well
 
Thanks yes that was it but can't seem to checkout even though I am logged in so bought from aliexpress. About the same price just much longer to wait, oh well
Open up the case and run a hair dryer across the main board front a back on a gentle heat and not too close. If there’s any moisture lying on any contacts it should dry it. A bit of tissue can be used to dry any visible lying liquid. Leave it open overnight and reassemble it the next day. Try it again. You’ve nothing to loose and if it works you have a spare to play around with.
 
Open up the case and run a hair dryer across the main board front a back on a gentle heat and not too close. If there’s any moisture lying on any contacts it should dry it. A bit of tissue can be used to dry any visible lying liquid. Leave it open overnight and reassemble it the next day. Try it again. You’ve nothing to loose and if it works you have a spare to play around with.

Absolutely. My Fiat 500 Instrument Cluster has just been treated in this way, to good effect.
 
Open up the case and run a hair dryer across the main board front a back on a gentle heat and not too close. If there’s any moisture lying on any contacts it should dry it. A bit of tissue can be used to dry any visible lying liquid. Leave it open overnight and reassemble it the next day. Try it again. You’ve nothing to loose and if it works you have a spare to play around with.
Yes I did actually do that with a hair dryer plus opened it up (a few small droplets of liquid about) this morning before I read your reply but made no difference but then I had it near the radiator during the day again no change. Then switched on a few hrs ago and after 30 mins the display came on showing the correct time. Still going 45 mins later. I've yet to boot up but seems I may be ok though I've just wasted dosh on another combo...c'est la vie !
 
Yes I did actually do that with hair dryer plus opened it up (a few small droplets of liquid about) this morning before I read your reply but made no difference but then I had it near the radiator during the day again no change. Then switched on a few hrs ago and after 30 mins the display came on showing the correct time. Still going 45 mins later. I've yet to boot up but seems I may be ok though I've wasted dosh on another combo...c'est la vie !
That’s all those so called “technicians” do when you leave something is in for repair after liquid ingress. The trick is opening the case, separating the constituent parts, applying a warm air flow to each, towel drying visible spillage and leaving dismantled over night to ensure everything is dried to room temperature. Rarely fails.

As you say you pressed the trigger too quickly but on the plus side you probably won’t have the replacement purchase till after Christmas and you will have your freshly dried and laundered GT Combo to play with over the festive period. Hopefully others will take heed of your experience. The GT Combo does play 4.2.2 feeds but doesn’t make a good beer mat.
 
I might sell it on not sure. But the last few hours it's been fine as before. I was obviously too hasty!
 
I might sell it on not sure. But the last few hours it's been fine as before. I was obviously too hasty!
Understandable. The shock of what happened coupled with the need to get back on line asap does things like that to you. Any option to cancel before it ships I wonder. Have a look there maybe Service client
 
Understandable. The shock of what happened coupled with the need to get back on line asap does things like that to you. Any option to cancel before it ships I wonder. Have a look there maybe Service client
I had the option but as it still wasn't working I didn't so it was shipped. If anyone wants it PM me. I don't need 2 of them really
 
I had the option but as it still wasn't working I didn't so it was shipped. If anyone wants it PM me. I don't need 2 of them really
What was the delivered price to the UK (assuming you’re in the UK).
 
Back
Top