GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

which it hasn't.

Curious - You see, iv'e never experienced this problem as far as i'm aware - give me the satellite, frequency and exact problem channel and i'll run it at this end to see what happens
 
Curious - You see, iv'e never experienced this problem as far as i'm aware - give me the satellite, frequency and exact problem channel and i'll run it at this end to see what happens
I have seen it John, just generally, no specific channel..
 
The update to V.20 has brought in some auto search facility (if the user accepts)

One of the channels on Astra had changed parameters since I last used the box, the Combo asks for update rights and then spends ages moving around the arc looking for T2MI stuff.

I was only looking to see if the video lag / audio flutter had been fixed......
"CH" I've had the same happen here! Removed the power and no channels were lost. I think if you land on a channel which is no longer present it asks. Like your mother told you JUST SAY NO!
 
Curious - You see, iv'e never experienced this problem as far as i'm aware - give me the satellite, frequency and exact problem channel and i'll run it at this end to see what happens
For video delay it is everywhere. Astra 2 in general where on this box it is currently very apparent.
It does vary however, no specific conditions with perhaps SD channels are affected more.


For audio flutter, any channel playing orchestral classical music (strings).
 
It really is time they let somebody who knows what they are doing to work on the firmware writing
I would have thought the combo requires a number of small teams to get the satellite/terrestrial stuff going on top of the Android platform
 
what is this lag, that ive never noticed...?
 
For video delay it is everywhere. Astra 2 in general where on this box it is currently very apparent.
It does vary however, no specific conditions with perhaps SD channels are affected more.


For audio flutter, any channel playing orchestral classical music (strings).
Yes, and test tone on feeds makes it more apparent...
 
could it be a setting ? either in the android OS, or the DVB app itself possibly
 
Ok, help me out a little bit to try and narrow down my search time involved - Iv'e just downloaded 822 Tv channels from 28E Astra2 and with a bit of luck i might find something that fits the problem as mentioned.
I will be using a Combo connected directly into a 4K monitor. Signal path to said monitor is Combo > HDMI Switch > 4K ProLite monitor via HDMI cable for video & audio, so no signal path through add on HiFi receivers etc.
I know it's been said that it's a random thing that can happen on any channel etc etc so this could take some time.
Here we go then .....
 
i wont be able to help, as ive never noticed an issue! :)
 
Ok, help me out a little bit to try and narrow down my search time involved - Iv'e just downloaded 822 Tv channels from 28E Astra2 and with a bit of luck i might find something that fits the problem as mentioned.
I will be using a Combo connected directly into a 4K monitor. Signal path to said monitor is Combo > HDMI Switch > 4K ProLite monitor via HDMI cable for video & audio, so no signal path through add on HiFi receivers etc.
I know it's been said that it's a random thing that can happen on any channel etc etc so this could take some time.
Here we go then .....
I'll upload a recording on a spare stick before lunch
 
Ok, just spent nearly an hour looking for really obvious examples just using my human eyes / ears for lip syncing duties.
Out of five or more channels observed iv'e only found just one channel that had noticable sync problem and that was very slight. It was Ch4 E4 - 10714 H. Very slight Video lag.
All others looked at showed ok lip sync..... not to say though that there might be other culprits lurking.
In my mind i have a thought though to how video/audio accurate the actual broadcast is ?.
I will continue to winkle out some baddies
** meant to say also, iv'e switched the 'New EPG' & 'New Channel List' to OFF. - don't like it.
 
Picked this rally car feed up whilst looking for problems on 28.2 East ...
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

28.2East - rally car feed..png
 
Ok, just spent nearly an hour looking for really obvious examples just using my human eyes / ears for lip syncing duties.
Out of five or more channels observed iv'e only found just one channel that had noticable sync problem and that was very slight. It was Ch4 E4 - 10714 H. Very slight Video lag.
All others looked at showed ok lip sync..... not to say though that there might be other culprits lurking.
In my mind i have a thought though to how video/audio accurate the actual broadcast is ?.
I will continue to winkle out some baddies
** meant to say also, iv'e switched the 'New EPG' & 'New Channel List' to OFF. - don't like it.
Agreed on the channel list..How the hell do you change satellites from just that list of channels? I couldn't see any option to..
 
For the 'flutter' try 10939 H 15000 on Hispasat. Promo TSA

I cannot upload the recording as it is somewhat larger than the site limit for zip files.
 
Just recorded this (to download)............any thoughts CH......thanks :Y

link: easyupload.io
 
Back
Top