GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

I don't have that issue here, some issues with recordings but I'm working through that.
it happened to me yesterday after lots of changing flicking, hadnt seen it before.
re recordings - sometimes it hangs and you cant stop recordings, timers dont appear to work either, havent tried since new firmware
 
Guys, it may be me doing something wrong since the software update to 23. But when switching to SD pictures it displays two quarter size images top of the screen. HD pics seem OK.
I got this a few minutes ago after the LeMans recording finshed (on all channels) where the picture shifted 30% across and down on the screen, a reset has fixed it.

20230610_142057[1].jpg
 
I tried doing RESTART and that cured my problem for SD channels. However all HD channels are wrongly displayed. I feel a master reset coming on.
 
I tried doing RESTART and that cured my problem for SD channels. However all HD channels are wrongly displayed. I feel a master reset coming on.
oh u mean as i suggested in post #1099 ?

what a good idea.
 
Only just downloaded it so not had any time to evaluate properly , which part of the UI do you mean ?
Also - anybody know where this 'Enthusiast' software file with the 'T' can be found
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 150280
i have seen the T version of a older version is filename:
GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.21T

might help us...
@John
 
Last edited:
Thanks for doing a check for me a Master Reset has cleared the fault
 
found a link to it....altough its an older version. but a T version, nonetheless, bet theres nothing special in it.
@John

_GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.21T_20230131

Thanks for finding it - iv'e just loaded it in all ok and had a few minutes with it but nothing different is jumping out at me at the moment - i'll give it a better looking over tomorrow.
 
Thanks for finding it - iv'e just loaded it in all ok and had a few minutes with it but nothing different is jumping out at me at the moment - i'll give it a better looking over tomorrow.
As usual them mokes on the GT Media ignore the question about the 'T' firmware!
 
Regrettably the fault I found yesterday has returned. Changing from an HD channel to an SD one results in two quarter size images side by side top of the screen. I will keep the receiver for feed hunting but not very useful otherwise at the moment.
 
Regrettably the fault I found yesterday has returned. Changing from an HD channel to an SD one results in two quarter size images side by side top of the screen. I will keep the receiver for feed hunting but not very useful otherwise at the moment.
Have you looked under 'Droid' settings and had a tweak? Failing that, master reset, then reflash the software..see if that cures it..
 
Scopus doing a master reset did cure the problem until I started putting the Ka Band channels @7E. Will check droid settings. I may be able to reflash the software if I can find out how to do that. What do you do? I see there's a zipped version available to put on a USB stick. I have never done an android update this way.

JOHN if you are reading this please could you try the Ka channels at 7E with the v23 software??
 
Scopus doing a master reset did cure the problem until I started putting the Ka Band channels @7E. Will check droid settings. I may be able to reflash the software if I can find out how to do that. What do you do? I see there's a zipped version available to put on a USB stick. I have never done an android update this way.

JOHN if you are reading this please could you try the Ka channels at 7E with the v23 software??
Yes, there is a zipped version on the freesat.cn site. Leave it as a zip file on the USB and flash it from the updater app, choose local update..
 
Scopus doing a master reset did cure the problem until I started putting the Ka Band channels @7E. Will check droid settings. I may be able to reflash the software if I can find out how to do that. What do you do? I see there's a zipped version available to put on a USB stick. I have never done an android update this way.

JOHN if you are reading this please could you try the Ka channels at 7E with the v23 software??
Yes, there is a zipped version on the freesat.cn site. Leave it as a zip file on the USB and flash it from the updater app, choose local update..

Checking now (11.16 am UK)
 
Scopus doing a master reset did cure the problem until I started putting the Ka Band channels @7E. Will check droid settings. I may be able to reflash the software if I can find out how to do that. What do you do? I see there's a zipped version available to put on a USB stick. I have never done an android update this way.

JOHN if you are reading this please could you try the Ka channels at 7E with the v23 software??
u could also try flashing the previous version....not much in the new one anyway.
 
I tried v23 using the USB method and no change. I then tried v.22 and all seems well at the moment.
 
Checking now (11.16 am UK)Checked 7°East Simon , just looking at 2s HD and it's glitchy. Changing 'Player' cured it. Think i'm going back to previous version for the time being
 
Still OK now John at midday UK time on V22 . Definitely seems best to me. Thanks John of checking and thank scopus for your help/
 
I've had two crashes on V 1.23 this afternoon while recording LeMans so I've gone back to the 8008 until I can downgrade.
 
the 8008 is solid as a rock, i record to a NAS over LAN, never fails.
 
Back
Top