GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

But it remains a vary useful tool for finding stuff others can't quite get.

The video output of the HDMI is outstanding, audio advance and wobble I've mentioned multiple times.

Something bigger is holding the firmware fixes back, as usual.
Agreed and certainly sensitive when on fringe reception...........irrespective, a good buy for the money and still very watchable with 4:2:2 feeds......such as today on !0B with the Overon La Liga EA Sports feed.
Strong signal, only 8fps and still using firmware 'GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.17_20220527'...........runs well for me!

10B 10734 V33999 'OVERON 2' 4:2:2

Alaves v Valencia
1693673451285.png
 
does anyone else have a REALLY annoying issue with their combo on the latest .24 firmware - where it keeps going to a subtitles sub menu, and you cant change channel, you have to click exit about 7 times to get out of it?

im installing an older firmware now as i type....
 
OMG - it was the remote control batteries!!!!

Did it still on an old firmware which i knew was fine....i guess the double flashing of the red remote LED, was as sign, but got to the point i thought it was normal, as dont normally pay attention....and low batteries, you would just think the control movement would be sloooow...

problem solved, its been annoying me for ages!

(blindscan was soooo slow on older firmware .10 - cant believe it)
 
I have gt media v8x and i am thinking to buy now GT COMBO for 4:2:2
Do we have information if the tuner sensitivity is similar ro better to new GTX.
As i live in Southern Europe and it does matter a lot! Thanks.
 
I have the GT Combo and find the tuner very good, i don't think there is anybody on this forum that posts that uses the new GTX Combo
 
I have gt media v8x and i am thinking to buy now GT COMBO for 4:2:2
Do we have information if the tuner sensitivity is similar ro better to new GTX.
As i live in Southern Europe and it does matter a lot! Thanks.
Alicante, España.......comparison to newer GTX do not know but the GT Combo tuner is my preferred receiver for fringe reception. Here, 28.2°e U.K. beams are def 'fringe' especially now with the change/s to HD only tramsmissions.
As mentioned by many, the Combo has its quirks but still, only my opinion, remains the best in its class for its relative cost............bonus, also 'pours the Poop' very very well.
 
Yes 'John'......only need to read your many posts and screenshots to see that the Combo is amply used by yourself.
I have the GT Combo and find the tuner very good, i don't think there is anybody on this forum that posts that uses the new GTX Combo
 
Previous post, do not know where the word 'Poop''appeared from but should have read :-
............remains the best in its class for its relative cost............bonus, also 'pours the 'BISTO' very very well.:-ohmy:Y
 
Does GT Combo (whatever version) show SNR/signal quality *before* lock - like DR HD F15 does?
 
Does GT Combo (whatever version) show SNR/signal quality *before* lock - like DR HD F15 does?

The GTMedia v8 UHD does not show SNR/Quality below a lock like the Dr HD F15 does. I think the GT Media Combo is the same, no SNR below lock?
Also the Chinese receivers like the GTMedia generally only show signal level in % and not dB.

There have been repeated requests for dB to be implemented.
They either do not listen, or do not have an in house developer with enough skill to implement dB for signal level, no progress to date.
 
Does GT Combo (whatever version) show SNR/signal quality *before* lock - like DR HD F15 does?
I think it does . The ESPN tp on mine gets picked up on a scan but then doesn't pull in when it does a channel scan. I will check when home if I goto the TP scan option to see if it's showing any kind of signal ....I will clear all to make sure it's not because in the initial TP db
 
Grávy seems to be a banned word but bisto is allowed?
And for good reason in the context certain individuals use it here. Of course it can be freely used in another satellite forum. In fact it’s use is actively encouraged.
 
I think it does . The ESPN tp on mine gets picked up on a scan but then doesn't pull in when it does a channel scan. I will check when home if I goto the TP scan option to see if it's showing any kind of signal ....I will clear all to make sure it's not because in the initial TP db


I think CJ might be asking if the GTMedia Combo will give a signal level readout if you are sitting on a frequency that is below a lock level?
With a Dr HD F15 you can manually enter a frequency and the receiver will display a constant red bar with a numerical value on the dB level indicator even if it is 4dB or 5dB below the lock level.
 
I think CJ might be asking if the GTMedia Combo will give a signal level readout if you are sitting on a frequency that is below a lock level?
With a Dr HD F15 you can manually enter a frequency and the receiver will display a constant red bar with a numerical value on the dB level indicator even if it is 4dB or 5dB below the lock level.
Yes and that's what I meant exactly. Just not in dB reading obviously. I think it still gives a reading even if it can't lock it
 
Yes and that's what I meant exactly. Just not in dB reading obviously. I think it still gives a reading even if it can't lock it
Do you happen to have a video? F15 is extremely useful with fringe signals as I can see even if there's half a dB of signal present...
 
Do you happen to have a video? F15 is extremely useful with fringe signals as I can see even if there's half a dB of signal present...
I'm sure there is a similar request on another thread, 68.5E ?
 
As a quick test on the Eurasia beam of 36East

Iraq 24 (comes up Service-1) and Rudaw TV (just below lock)
 

Attachments

  • 20231101_170240.jpg
    20231101_170240.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20231101_171235.jpg
    20231101_171235.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top