GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Hi, Any help please in updating my GT combo, every time i try i get the Robot laying on its side saying failed
some have a reset button underneath some dont (mine doesnt) - gets you into recovery or something...cos i didnt have one, i couldnt follow the instructions (which are on the GT media site)
 
What is your current firmware ?

I've always cleared the cache, then scroll to 'restart' before accepting an update in case the internal memory is full.

(The latter is also good to maximise 4:2:0/2 and the stuttering channels on 5W)
 
Does anyone have freezing issues when watching channels on the gtcombo mars fw V3.4.4?
I'm watching channels on 28.2e and the audio and picture seems to freeze quite a bit which is quite surprising knowing it's an android box.
I really hope they fix the issue as that's the main feature/purpose of the bloody thing lol
 
How can i see signal in db in my GT COMBO? Not convenient the % option.
 
How can i see signal in db in my GT COMBO? Not convenient the % option.

Not possible with the current and passed updates i'm afraid - you can put a request in to GTMedia forum asking for such a change but don't hold your breath
 
Without being pessimistic,
I asked for this more than three years ago on the gtmedia forum, but received no response and nothing has been done since then.
 

Attachments

  • i am.webp
    i am.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 26
Does it actually matter ? The receiver has a tuner/demodulator system that is about the best of the bunch (and doesn't expire after a year or so).

The signal bar appears to be predictive with information available below minimum threshold.

I would prefer the option of finer tuning - another decimal place, the potential to scan outside the range governed by the inputted LNB frequency ala some other receivers (and perhaps improvement on the blindscan) before asking for, what is in effect an i/o gimmick.
 
Yes, if you need to feel you're getting more "reliable" values than the non-sensical percentages, it matters a lot. Especially since their tuner/demod supports db natively, yet their "philosophy" begs to differ for some obscure reason...
 
My GT Media Combo is failing to auto b*** .This has been so for a few days now. I am not alone if to look at their forum.
 
And here the same with the latest official firmware. Any information available?
It is not right to say " as a standard characteristic of the product " and often not to be available.
 
Still no progress with the AUTO function on this box. I am very disappointed with GT Media. It's still a very sensitive receiver but now very close to going in the BIN.
I wonder if one of the previous versions of software would fix it??
 
Still no progress with the AUTO function on this box. I am very disappointed with GT Media. It's still a very sensitive receiver but now very close to going in the BIN.
I wonder if one of the previous versions of software would fix it??

Yes it's a shame GTMedia are slowly self destroying themselves Simon, long time disgruntled owners from the UK as well as many other parts of the world also when you read all the comments on the GTMedia Forum. I really like my GTCombo and GTX Combo and in the past they have implemented a few requested additions from myself re: extra LO settings to the LO menu tree but over the last year or so the service has gone down hill.
 
I do not understand how a standard feature (as advertised and built in the box by gt media) is not anymore
available. For technical reasons i can understand that. But suddenly nothing or information i really do not get it
Except from that " a decision to force all customers to register in paid solution " of course if it exists. I have the
latest original firmware in my gt combo.
 
I do not understand how a standard feature (as advertised and built in the box by gt media) is not anymore
available. For technical reasons i can understand that. But suddenly nothing or information i really do not get it
Except from that " a decision to force all customers to register in paid solution " of course if it exists. I have the
latest original firmware in my gt combo.


It is no different in principle to what the DVB Dream lot did.

In the case of DVB Dream, they sold a subscription with supposedly lifetime use of the app on as many PC's as required, then they cancelled all the subscriptions and moved to an annual subscription fee forcing existing subscribers to pay again on an annual basis.
 
My GT Media Combo is failing to auto b*** .This has been so for a few days now. I am not alone if to look at their forum.
Is the box I occasionally use here for low signal feeds purchased from your good self ?
 
Let me know when bin collection day is and I'll drive over.
Well worth the drive CH.........whatever the negatves the Combo is still a good receiver, tidy GUI, screen shots sent to linked email, super fast blindscan and accurate results.......alas, like other brands, lacking in backup updates etc. Still use mine for fast feed scans and if need with manual BISS config........95% of the hobby for me now is Enigma 2, you make the effort you get the results........always with headache tablets at the ready! :rolleyes: Know a few here had or still have good use for the Combo. Hope your 'bin collection day' comes for you shortly CH. :Y
 
Back
Top