GTMedia v8 UHD

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
No luck in prising the case apart I am afraid so it is back to use with a few scans.
I tried my luck on 30.5 East in Ku-Band and got a few channels locked with the "v8 UHD"

The individual frequency scan results are posted in the 30.5 East topic in the "Fringe Reception Reports" section of the forum.
A link to the topic is pasted below.

I have attached a few of the "v8 UHD" setup and channel list screens for 30.5 East below.
It would be useful if the FEC was visible in the menus. However, as the receiver is a few years old now, I dont think there is much prospect of the interface being updated to include it?

30.5E_20220109_GTMedia_v8_UHD_p1.jpg 30.5E_20220109_GTMedia_v8_UHD_p2.jpg 30.5E_20220109_GTMedia_v8_UHD_p3.jpg

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Does the V8 UHD have an option for Unicable in the LNB Freq settings?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Published specifications can be inaccurate and/or incomplete...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Published specifications can be inaccurate and/or incomplete...
Stil awaiting to see what is inside the box for accuracy.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Has anyone tried to use the GTShare app on a mobile phone with a GTMedia v8 UHD?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Has anyone tried to use the GTShare app on a mobile phone with a GTMedia v8 UHD?
Yes. Works fine even with 4:2:2 feeds on both iOS and Android . Works more efficiently on a decently speced rooted Android box without all the bloatware. A much better combination than the GT Combo.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Yes. Works fine even with 4:2:2 feeds on both iOS and Android . Works more efficiently on a decently speced rooted Android box without all the bloatware. A much better combination than the GT Combo.

Is GTShare supposed to allow the user to control the v8 UHD including blind scanning and transponder deletion?
On the two android devices I have tried it with, GTShare allows viewing of the channel and selection of the channel from a list. However, I cannot seem to find any option to blind scan from the android devices.

I tried it with a Sony mobile phone, one of the less bloated makes and a Teclast tablet.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Is GTShare supposed to allow the user to control the v8 UHD including blind scanning and transponder deletion?
On the two android devices I have tried it with, GTShare allows viewing of the channel and selection of the channel from a list. However, I cannot seem to find any option to blind scan from the android devices.

I tried it with a Sony mobile phone, one of the less bloated makes and a Teclast tablet.
Purely for changing channels and viewing output on a server/client basis. All your scanning will still still need to be carried out on your V8.

Are you still using the Combo. Did you try installing GT Share on it as an alternative to the supplied players.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Are you still using the Combo. Did you try installing GT Share on it as an alternative to the supplied players.

My Combo went to the abbatoir, its bitched up bad, I need to do the jumper short fix I think to get it back working.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Not really, I thought I would try to see if GTShare allowed for control of the v8 UHD.
However, I did come across that post when reading the GTMedia forum about using GTShare.
That post was badly worded. Pidgin English. He was trying to say that he was scanning on the V8 and using the GT Share app in conjunction with VLC to view the output.

My own Combo was neatly packed back into its box and advertised for sale as soon as the antenna connector and the HDMI connector began to loosen from the main board. I put it up for sale locally with an explanation of the problem. It was snapped up the same day at a price that covered my costs. It’s definitely not suitable for swapping in and out of cables on a regular basis. As long as prospective buyers are aware of that, happy days.

Good luck with the shorting trick. A pair of needle nose pliers should do the job but I’ve seen varying degrees of success with the results. I still say at €99 plus shipping they’re not as big a bargain as they are made out to be. The V8 makes sense though.

ViaHussun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150 cm offset Gibertini antenna
Inverto Premium Twin LNB
TBS 5520SE TV Card
My Location
Bursa , TURKEY
Can you upload a video can I see it?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
No can do at the moment. I’m away on vacation. Maybe moonbase could do it though. Do you own a V8. What are you trying to establish.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

I am not sure if the GTShare app on a mobile device has a recording option, I cant find one?
Once the GTShare app is running it seems to prevent access to other aspects of device functionality or I would have tried a screen recording if I could get to that option?