Hard disc error

steelrose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S
Offset dish 2.10m with 2 lnb point at astra, hotbird
Hi.I have a db7000s with seagate 80gb hard disc.Yestrday while i was on hydra,i set a time recording but now when i was back i saw a message that recording failed due to inaccessible storage.i look in my recorded movies all was there but with 0mb size.i reboot and saw that half of my images were missing because they were installed on hdd.but some others are there also installed on hdd.Well anybody can suggest me what to do?It looks like a serious problem
Thanx in advance

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I would FTP all the movies etc. off the box, and any other data that you may wish to keep.

Run some backups etc. using Flashwizard, Dreamboxedit or whatever.

Transfer any required images etc to USB stick.

Clear as much space on the disk as you can. It may recover.

Otherwise, you can run a disk check/repair (FSCK) using Telnet or similar, but I'm not an expert on Linux, so can only give you some pointers in this respect.

If all else fails, it's the big reformat for you :(

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
Otherwise, you can run a disk check/repair (FSCK) using Telnet or similar...
I had a similar issue where recordings disappeared and became 0 length, caused by one to many power cuts. The problem is that there is not enough memory on the 7000 to complete an fsck on a big or full disk while enigma (i.e. the graphical front end) or any emu's are running.
So, I had to use ps and killall to zap the above before I could run fsck and fix the error. BTW, once a file has become 0 length it is gone for good.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
All the movies that I had left on HD went missing the other day when I changed the 109 in flash. This is the 2nd time to happen to me, so im convinced this is what happened the 1st time. Also Erased all multiboot images of usb and installed a new one and this could have caused it too, as I had to enable multiboot again. Lucky enough I had Most of the good ones recorded to DVD and only the ones left on hd were for a rainey day.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
djlemur said:
I had a similar issue where recordings disappeared and became 0 length, caused by one to many power cuts. The problem is that there is not enough memory on the 7000 to complete an fsck on a big or full disk while enigma (i.e. the graphical front end) or any emu's are running.
So, I had to use ps and killall to zap the above before I could run fsck and fix the error. BTW, once a file has become 0 length it is gone for good.

Cool... that's handy to know.

steelrose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000-S
Offset dish 2.10m with 2 lnb point at astra, hotbird
well thank you all for the quick reply and useful info.As djlemur said all movies was 0mb size so i format the disc.It was a chance to upgrade to FP. 1.06 atlast :)But from now on i will be carefull with these stuff :)

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
steelrose said:
well thank you all for the quick reply and useful info.As djlemur said all movies was 0mb size so i format the disc.It was a chance to upgrade to FP. 1.06 atlast :)But from now on i will be carefull with these stuff :)

My advice is to move the disk off the box and place it in a pc. It will function the exact same way as if it is in the box as long as you have the pc running.