HD and sat receivers

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
The previous thread on HD got closed as it spiralled out of control.
But I have some questions.
I bought the 42in panasonic. It was irresistable love at first sight, walking past it in John Lewis, showing a hd piece off a hard drive (pictures of Mosel villages). It was like seeing a sharp cine film - no pixel or line structure.
Now of course I'm giving myself time to get sorted by next summer, when I assume Germans will do WM in HD.
I have seen dreambox 7020 advertised as hd but cant see an hdmi socket described in the spec. I have seen the DB7000 advertised in Wot Sat as hd ready but I have a DB7000S and I dont see or read any hd capability whatsoever. They must know soimething I dont.

Q: Does anyone have a dreambox running genuine hd via a hdmi socket into a hd tv and seeing the few progs on German TV? (Is it Pro7 sending some shows in hd?).

sparky208

Reaction score
hi mate. i havent a clue to you post but iam geting a quali tv QS1080IRCI its hd ready ie dvi to hdmi i think hd stuff is on euro1080 and i can put a dragan cam for the out stuff :-sugar

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm glad this old(ish) thread got bumped. I still don't know the answers to any of Haggards questions.

Anybody got any reliable info to add?

AFAIK the 7000 HW is capable, but DMM firmware is not, which is priceless :-doh!

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
DM8000 will be out soon with HDMI output.