HD Receiver For Sports

elchupanibre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm dish w/ maxx reciever
My Location
uk
Hello

i am currently using a friends old set up as he has updated his a while ago, but i am now also looking to do the same.

I currently have a motorised 85cm dish, and a "maxx 1000" reciever box. The main reason i have this is to watch english football. I currently pull in hotbird, turksat, astra 19, 23, 28, sirius, thor and a couple of.bb others though some better than others. This box also has internet capabilities.

My friend has a slightly bigger dish, with a "protek" reciever box which seem to be becoming hard to find and more expensive when you can find them.

I am looking to invest in a new reciever after xmas, with HDpicture, was wondering if anyone recommends a receiver similar or better to what my friend has?

Note that my primary interest is to get more english football...

Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can view most English Premier League games on Premier League TV HD, on 10E, as the keys are currently known. There is no way to get every Saturday 3PM game as the FAPL stopped that, you can get them on AD Sports but that is out of range, for most of us.
What kind of budget were you considering?
Do you want dual tuners, PVR (Recorder), or anything special?

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
If its dual tuner your looking for and linux, you can't go wrong with the golden-media spark triplex receiver.