HDD Problem

mydreambox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 s with a LAN setup
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Hi Guys

I got DB 7020 S with multi boot menu installed , Official Image on the DB , and Gemini 3.00 Installed on the HDD , when i choose Gemini and then choose File mode to view the recorded movies the DB hangs and stucks and nothing happens , i left it some time but also it stayed the same way i had to switch the power off from the plug then turn it on again , why this happens ? any solutions Guys ???

Best Regads

O-st

cdance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
romania
Ok try to do like this
Power the dream with original software from flash
Make one format HDD
Use flashwizard 6.3 to install img on multiboot Hdd
Then put some mp3 for example and try to playit
Anyway I sugest U to Buy 1 Compact Flash 512 will be enaugh and to run img from there is more silent no more HDD noise and use the HDD only to record movies or play music
remember that only mpeg,mpg,ts,mp3 can be played
and check at the file to heave permision to be played ,i sugest to give attribute 755
And plan "B"
exchange the flash img with other ,for example CVS img

mydreambox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Thanks for your help

well before it was runnig smoothly and the gemini runs fine except now i cant load the file menu and see my recording , and if i format i will loose all my data back from the start , am knew to these stuff you know ....:( , i would appreciate any detailed information :-ohmy

Best Regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As the poster above says, install a Compact flash or USB stick, uninstall Gemini from harddisk and put it on the Memory stick/Compact flash after mounting one of them. This will probably solve your problem.

You can also of course, copy everyhting on your DB harddisk to your PC and convert to DVD format, then at least you've saved it. :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
This happened to me last year, and the only solution at that time was a reformat. Thats what I had to do. Sorry I have no more info on it but it dont seem to happen that much. Never happened again to me Yet!.

mydreambox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Amman - Jordan
thaks you so much guys

ok the question is if i used a CF or an USB stick with the image installed on it , i have to keep the CF or the USB always pluged to my DB ??:-ohmy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you do, is that a problem?