Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E [S2 East Beam]

Zorch

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
TM 6800 HD Super+
TM 5400 SD CI+ USB
QualiTv QS 1080 IRCI MPEG-2 [4:2:2]
Fibo 1.20m x 1.35m Dual-Offset Gregorian Antenna [30.0°W > 57.0°E]
Inverto Black Pro
Aston DS 200 Interface
LG 42LD790 HDTV
My Location
NW Midlands, UK
Hi all,

Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E [S2 East Beam]

I have been searching through the TP's on the S2 East beam on this satellite and I have managed to pull in just enough signal to briefly view the channel on...

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 87%
Signal Quality 47%

I have attached pictures below... you will notice the the last picture (#5) was taken a few minutes after the others... this was because I lost the signal and the picture froze...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #1 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 460
  • #2  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #2 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 336
  • #3  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #3 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 191
  • #4  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #4 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 169
  • #5  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #5 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 237
Hi again all,

Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E [S2 East Beam]

Full moving pictures & sound tonight on this S2 East beam channel... just the odd slight blip every now and then...

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 88%
Signal Quality 50%

I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #5  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #5 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 101
  • #4  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #4 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 108
  • #3  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #3 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 104
  • #2  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #2 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 137
  • #1  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #1 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 98
Down in the noise for me Zorch. Maybe try earlier in the day, but not optimistic.
 
Hi Llew et al,

I have tried this frequency during the day... without success... it only seems to increase in strength from around 8.00pm... The way I locate the S2 East beam (on this satellite) is by obtaining optimum signal strength/signal quality on the 'Dolce TV' transponder 11.012V [30000] then I nudge the dish Eastwards (a tiny fraction at a time) until I find the 'Hellas Sat Net' Data Stream transponder on 11.460H [2950] then I 'Save' the position.

Beware:
I have found the S2 East beam to be very narrow indeed... one nudge either side of this signal and you'll probably lose it again...

For anyone who is interested... I was looking through my records and there was another (S2 East Beam) channel I reported on (JKF) late last year (18th October to be exact) which was also only obtainable from around 8.00pm... it was 'Turkish Music Box' aka 'TMB'... the channel subsequently disappeared from this satellite very soon after... it is now only to be found on an (East Beam) transponder on Turksat 2A

I appreciate this is no longer a current (S2 East beam) channel... but I've attached my pictures (below) merely as a "retrospective" record of this channel... I hope this is okay...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

***Channel no longer active***
 

Attachments

  • #5  11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active -  retrospe...webp
    #5 11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active - retrospe...webp
    32 KB · Views: 94
  • #4  11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active -  retrospe...webp
    #4 11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active - retrospe...webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 102
  • #3  11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active -  retrospe...webp
    #3 11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active - retrospe...webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 64
  • #2  11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active -  retrospe...webp
    #2 11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active - retrospe...webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 82
  • #1  11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active -  retrospe...webp
    #1 11.588H [2222] TMB [S2 East Beam] 18th October 2011 [Channel no longer active - retrospe...webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 94
I believe it left 62E at the same time, annoying because it was one of my regular 'wallpaper' channels, always good to hear music not generally available in this part of the world. It was also the last remaining TV channel on the satellite.
 
Hi again all,

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

This signal seems to be breaking through progressively earlier and earlier each night I look for it... so if anyone is interested in trying to locate this frequency/channel on the S2 East beam... have a try now... it has already risen up to the best signal strength/signal quality I achieved on it last night... and it's only 7.30pm...

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 88%
Signal Quality 50%

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Going to have a go at this one myself later on, is there a time you've noticed the signal starts to drop off again or is it pretty strong all night then drops off in the daytime?
 
Hi SatSearcher,

I've kept it on up until midnight... by then the signal was dropping off a bit... but as I told Llew... I cannot get it during the day... it's a bit like the Hoizontals on Nilesat... the window for the S2 East Beam seems to be between 7.30pm and midnight...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Thanks for that, will give it a go later when everyones gone to bed
 
Hi again all,

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

If anyone is interested... my reception of this channel/frequency started at 7.00pm tonight...

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 88%
Signal Quality 50%

Has anyone else managed reception of this channel/frequency...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
I've just tried with the 1.2M Laminas and not a trace. Alignment may be slightly off but that's waiting till Spring to adjust LOL. I think I might be too far west to pick it up.
 
Hi again all,

@sonnetpete

Thanks for the reply mate... I would have thought that from your location you would have stood a better chance of reception than someone in the middle of the UK... that is if the official Hellas Sat S2 East Beam footprint is anything to go by...?

Code:
http://www.hellas-sat.net/en/coverage_maps.html

@et al

I maybe stating the obvious here... but if you are struggling to find this channel/frequency... you could always try manually adding the channel and PID's in the receivers' menu... then sit patiently on the blank screen and see if the channel bites... I have had some amazing results in the past using this method... it does work occasionally...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Zorch said:
Hi again all,

@sonnetpete

Thanks for the reply mate... I would have thought that from your location you would have stood a better chance of reception than someone in the middle of the UK... that is if the official Hellas Sat S2 East Beam footprint is anything to go by...?

I'd looked at the footprint the other day, however central UK is just about on the western edge of the footprint. I am some distance west of the leading edge (at the foot of that sticky up bit that juts into the Channel).
 
Hi again all,

Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E [S2 East Beam]

My strongest signal quality reading so far on this channel/frequency tonight... the channel is rock solid now... no glitches...

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 88%
Signal Quality 52%

I have again attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #5  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #5 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    38 KB · Views: 72
  • #4  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #4 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 73
  • #3  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #3 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 77
  • #2  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #2 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 70
  • #1  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    #1 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.631H [2222] Deniz TV [S2 East Beam].webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 82
No chance with that one Zorch. I need at least another +2dBm to catch that :eek:
 

Attachments

  • Hellas Sat 2.webp
    Hellas Sat 2.webp
    103 KB · Views: 85
Hi again all,

I was scanning the S2 East Beam (11.400H~11.700H) early yesterday evening... and I found a new frequency with two channels... unfortunately both of the channels are encrypted... both state encryption as 'Unknown' ...so most probably BISS

I found the frequency/channels at about 7pm yesterday... but then the rain storms came and I lost the signal for hours... but I managed to get a lock again at about 11pm... and I took some pictures around midnight... I had a brief lock on the frequency again early this morning... but nothing since... but that's no surprise as it's dull, overcast and drizzling here...

I've looked around the various satellite charts (KingOfSat/Flysat/Lyngsat) ...but I can't find any mention (as yet) of this new frequency and channels... has anyone else found this...?

11.663 H [8800] Auto DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Sinema TV Ask HD [VPID 1720/APID 1745/PPID 1720] Unknown Encryption
Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [VPID 1620/APID 1645/PPID 1620] Unknown Encryption

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 91%
Signal Quality 54%

I have attached a few pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    #1 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 110
  • #2  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    #2 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    39 KB · Views: 89
  • #3  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    #3 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 83
  • #4  Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    #4 Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E 11.663H [8800] Sinema TV Ask HD & Sinema TV Aksiyon HD [S2 East Be...webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 96
Hi again all,

I lost the signal on this transponder/channel a couple of months ago... however I have just checked it tonight and it's now back on again... it's also showing the strongest Signal Quality reading I have ever seen on this transponder/channel... can anyone else receive this tonight...?

11.631H [2222] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [S2 East Beam]

Deniz TV (Turkiye) [VPID 0256/APID 0258/PPID 0256] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 88%
Signal Quality 58%


I have attached a couple of pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Didn't get chance to look last night, but just had a look now and nothing there for me. I usually check this one when i'm passing 39e but never had anything.
 
Hi SatSearcher,

I've just tried the transponder/channel again... I'm still receiving it... but the readings are now...

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 85%
Signal Quality 51%


Edit: Signal has now gone... raining

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi again SatSearcher,

Finding this TP on the S2 East beam can be very tricky... what I normally do is to peak my Signal Quality on 11.012 V 30000 when coming from a satellite to the West of 39E... get the TP list up in the menu... 11.631 H 2222 ...then tweak my dish fraction by fraction to the East... the S2 East beam is wafer thin... so just go one nudge at a time... and always wait for at least a minute in-between nudges... even if you think that there's nothing there... sometimes the signal locks all of a sudden... from seeing just background noise to a locked signal... it regularly appears like that for me...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Back
Top