hello - echostar 2110 DSB 2ci

solaris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB 2110 2CI
My Location
Serbia
having problems entering keys, cannot find the menu on my receiver. Please help, I've spent days browsing the net and couldn't find a solution. I know that the code is 3453, just don't know does it matter or not, or if it matters, how to enter it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a look at some of the scrambled channels out there.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You do know there is almost nothing open on keys these days? :D

Something as antiquated as that receiver is little more than a fta box today.

solaris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB 2110 2CI
My Location
Serbia
Taking into account your apparatus, it seems ridiculous, doesn't it? but for a novice, to start learning the basics and having a good time couldn't be more appropriate. So, i would like to get some help, if possible....Please? :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im not dissing your equipment - far from it. I started with an old Sky analogue box swiped from my parents house when they went digital and their old dish propped up on a couple of bricks - so I have an appreciation for anyone using simple equipment. That simple setup did me for a couple of years until I saved up enough money to buy something a bit better.

Unfortunately the days of opening loads of pay channels using keys are long gone - the encryptions have been tightened up immensely in the last few years. There may be one or two minor channels still open but they come and go fairly rapidly

solaris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB 2110 2CI
My Location
Serbia
Excuse me if I'm coming across as arrogant, but I'm just tired i suppose... I can't seem to find anything, and maybe it is not worth the effort. There are a number of open channels, I guess I could watch those, until the time is ripe for anything more serious. I got this receiver just a couple of days ago, and it took me 3 days just to find the first satellite. Anyway, thanks for the help, and am wishing you pleasant days, will check back sometime soon...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No problem solaris - trying to tinker with satellite kit is difficult when you are tired.

You have done well to get *something* in three days - Ive know some folks here on the forum take WEEKS to find anything!!!

Enjoy the hobby with the free stuff to begin with - there is always something of interest out there to watch. (Ive been watching the news live from Cairo this evening on Nile TV International. Fascinating stuff in a troubled country)

We will be here when you need some help or advice - we are a friendly forum and cater for all levels of experience so never be afraid to ask when you get stuck. If we cant help we usually know where to send you for additional help :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
solaris said:
Taking into account your apparatus, it seems ridiculous, doesn't it? but for a novice, to start learning the basics and having a good time couldn't be more appropriate. So, i would like to get some help, if possible....Please? :)

The time for help of the kind you seek is virtually over. Increasingly secure Encryption means "having a good time" is history. Sorry.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
^^

yes that point Tivu made is very true. A few years ago we could watch half a dozen major pay tv services just by entering a few keys into our receivers or making special cards up.

The pay tv providers of course thought this was a very bad idea and wanted to protect their revenue streams!

If you tell us which channels / providers you were hoping to watch we will tell you if you stand any chance at all, however I'll tell you now all the major European providers are only available with a legitimate subscription.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Of course your wish is based around the hope that your stb was previously 'patched' to allow the entry of keys, if it was never patched previously then it is doubtful that a patch would be found now.

solaris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB 2110 2CI
My Location
Serbia
Thanks everyone for your creative input, I appreciate it. As I mentioned earlier, with this stb it is probably best to view fta channels, and listen to the radio. I really couldn't say if the box was patched or not. But it is extremely enjoyable watching stuff from around the globe. Anyway, to cut a long story short, thank you very very very much. And good luck to you all.