Hello everybody...

Trony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IDTE 2110
My Location
Denmark
Hello everybody. First I wanna thank for a great forum..
I´m new to this and to satelite TV in general...
I´m trying to help a relative with his satelite TV system.
The problem is that he needs certain channels from the Sirius 2 satelite. I have tried to find them on his receiver but they don´t come up.
He has a setup where the dealer has programed some satelites for him in the begeining. One on the list is named "Sirius 2,3" which probably reffers to Sirius 2 and 3. I have chosen this on the list and made a "Manual Search" where I have tapped in the frequency, polarization ect. but it doesn´t find anything, just blank. Yet when I make an "Auto Search" it finds many other channels...
I was thinking that perhaps it is the wrong setup for that satelite in the receiver, so I was thinking of adding a new satelite on the user list, but I wonder how does the system recognize a specific satelite. Is it by the name I give it in the "name" or by its frequecy??? I hope somebody can help me.

The setup is:
IDTE 2010 receiver with motorized dish.
We live in Denmark

He needs this channel in particular:
REALITATEA TV (Romanian Tv channel)
Satelite: SIRIUS 2 – 4,8 grade EAST,
Freq: 12678 MHz,
Symbol Rate: 13333 Msymb/s,
FEC: 5/6
Pol: VERTICAL

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you sure that when you scan the satellite, the dish has moved to that satellite?

What type of motor are you using?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Are you getting some of the channels from this list?

http://www.flysat.com/sirius.php

If so you are just missing that frequency in the receiver database - quite likely as its only been active a couple of weeks. Somewhere in the menu structure will be an option to add a specific frequency to the box. Do it and if your dish is pointing at the right satellite your channels will appear.

Trony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IDTE 2110
My Location
Denmark
Analoguesat said:
Are you getting some of the channels from this list?

http://www.flysat.com/sirius.php

If so you are just missing that frequency in the receiver database - quite likely as its only been active a couple of weeks. Somewhere in the menu structure will be an option to add a specific frequency to the box. Do it and if your dish is pointing at the right satellite your channels will appear.

When I manually add the specific frequency the quality and strenght meter goes way down and theres is nothing on the screen.
I can select a satelite in the "Satelite Setup" menu where I choose the Sirius 2,3. I then chose "Transponder". Here a list comes up with diferent frequencies. I have here 12674 and 12780, but no 12768.